Everyone should be lucky enough to find the love of their life. I've been blessed enough to find not just one, but two... Steve and Tanner.
Thursday, July 11, 2013
Encouragment from the Dean of Students
Below is an email conversation between the Dean of Students at Shiloh (Mr. Cox) and I. Mr. Cox is the one who is my point of contact in regards to Tanner's abscenses and anything else health wise. He is wonderful. At the end of this school year, Tanner started vomiting the day of finals and wasn't able to finish her finals. Mr. Cox met her at school one day after school was done for the year and administered her final to her. He's just that kind of guy. Anytime I've emailed him, he responds so quickly and a lot of times, will send me back a prayer he's prayed for us. It just warms my heart. Shiloh Christian School isn't perfect by any means, but at this point in our lives, it's perfect for us.
At the end of the year, Mr. Cox asked me to please keep in touch over the summer so that he'd know how to pray for Tanner. Since we're halfway through the summer, I thought I'd shoot him an email and let him know the latest.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
From: shelly langham [mailto:shellylangham@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 11, 2013 9:53 AM
To: Jordan Cox
Subject: Tanner Langham
Hey Mr. Cox,
I hope you've had an awesome summer so far! I can't believe it's almost time for school again! The summer has flown by!
I wanted to give you a quick update on Tanner girl. She's had two bouts of cyclic vomiting so far this summer. The one in June landed us in Arkansas Children's Hospital for four days. While it stunk being away from family during that time, I'm so very glad that we were there and under their care so that they could see what happens during a cycle and help us understand more what to do. We met with a team of Dr's that included a Psychologist to help us try and cope with all of this and then the GI Social Worker, who drew up a letter about Tanner's illness and some accomadations for school.
When we were discharged they changed some of her medication dosing and then also added Imitrex nasal spray to try and get the migraines under control. Changing her meds helped her daily headaches but she still ended up with a migraine this past Sunday, which launched her into this cycle.
Also this summer we've started seeing a Neurologist from ACH who is helping us manage the headaches. We follow up with him this next Wednesday.
While in the hospital, they drew a bunch of blood and have run a bunch of genetic metabolic testing to rule out any underlying metabolic diseases. Thankfully those have come back negative.
Our Dr. in Little Rock is currently looking into a group of Dr's out of Milwaukee who deal specifically with Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome. There is a strong possibility that we may make a trip to Milwaukee to see the Dr's up there if we can't get answers here. And since ACH has done all they can do, this is possibly our next step.
Tanner's spirits are down right now. She is supposed to be the manager of the volleyball team and practice started Monday. She was excited to go to practice and see the girls, but hasn't been able to since she's vomiting right now. (And she's been in contact with Coach Perry, who has been understanding and wonderful) She was also looking forward to helping at the 7 on 7 tournament this weekend, but we're just playing that by ear for right now.
So that's where we stand as of today. Sorry it's so long and drawn out. Just hard to explain in a few words. Image removed by sender. *:) happy I hope you enjoy what's left of the summer and we'll look forward to seeing you in August!
Thank you again for your prayers and support!
Sincerely,
Shelly Parker
__________________________________________________________________________________
From: Jordan Cox
To: shelly langham
Sent: Thursday, July 11, 2013 10:00 AM
Subject: RE: Tanner Langham
Shelly,
Thanks for updating me. What challenges you guys are facing. What a journey you guys are currently on. And what faith you are displaying to the rest of us while you walk this journey. Please know we are supporters. Please know we want to be encouragers. Amen on Coach Perry (Schishler). I know Ryley has moving awfully slow since conditioning started Monday with volleyball J.
We will pray the doctors in Milwaukee may provide answers, but moreover we will pray God’s hand will be on Tanner, her mom, and family during, and after.
You’re a wonderful mom and what a blessing to your daughter and others. Be encouraged Shelly. God sees right where you are. I don’t always understand “why” He allows things like this, but I do know He loves and cares for us and He wants to be glorified through all of us and in our lives.
Hope it is ok – I am going to give Tanner a call and say hi if I can.
Jordan
____________________________________________________________________________________
From: shelly langham [mailto:shellylangham@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 11, 2013 10:12 AM
To: Jordan Cox
Subject: Re: Tanner Langham
Thank you so much for your encouragement, Mr. Cox. You have no idea how much it means to our family. Our Dr in Little Rock said yesterday that "Your school sounds so amazing. They are so understanding, not like the typical schools we usually deal with." I know we are blessed to be apart of the Shiloh family and know that's right where God wants us to be.
Tanner just called me and said you called. Oh my word, you made her day. She was thrilled that you called.
Thank you again.
Shelly
________________________________________________________________________________________
Well, I’m glad. Glad it didn’t freak her out. Thank you for the good word about the school. Shiloh isn’t a perfect place by any means, but I’m with you… we are blesses to be a part of a school family with some very genuine hearted and sincere people.
Have a great day and please let me know how things progress. I told Tanner I was hoping to see her up here at school for volleyball soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment