Well, we are five days post-op and are doing pretty well over all. The external swelling has gone down but you can tell the internal swelling is definitely there. For some reason the left eyelid is very swollen and Tanner said her glasses feel really "tight" on her nose, where they sit. That's about where all the work was done, so that makes sense. Sunday, Tanner started back in on the sinus rinses twice a day. Those are good and bad. Good in that they clear things out, but bad in that it makes her nose burn and tingle. We know the healing has begun because she can "smell the nasty stuff," which is what the Dr said would happen. Not to be too gross, but the "nasty stuff" is the dried blood, etc that's inside her nose.
Yesterday we ventured out to Target for 30 minutes and that wore her out. Plus, her nose started draining. The Dr said the more she moves around, the more her nose will drain. This afternoon we are going to watch Rachel (her half sister) do gymnastics then are going to stop by the Teen Pregnancy Center for a presentation put on by a couple of the girls from my Junior Auxiliary group. I'm sure Tanner will be wiped out by time bedtime rolls around! It will be a good test for school days.
Tomorrow we go back for our one week post-op visit. They will debreed her nose, taking out all the scabs and the blood clots. I told her Dad he "needed" to be there for that visit so he can help hold her down while the Dr works in her nose. I'm not looking forward to the visit at all. Ugh.
I have to say though, that my kid is my hero. She has done so well in all of this. She really is quite the trooper and I'm so very proud of her.
Thursday will be her first day back to school. I hope she makes it all day, though if she doesn't, that's ok with me. The "biggest football game of the season" is Thursday night and her Dad has told her if she feels like it, they will go. I'm sure no matter what, she's going to feel like it, as she's waited ALL season for this particular game. Go SOUTHWEST!!!
The one big thing I've noticed after the surgery is the way Tanner sleeps. She has slept in until 9:00 or 9:30 almost every morning. For Tanner, this is a huge deal. She usually is up at 7:00 or so, even on Saturdays. I think the fact that she can breathe better makes all the difference in the world.
I should get off of here and go get busy. I woke up with a headache today and have done nothing so far this morning except check to see what's happening on FB and I made our bed. Mike's Mom is coming over this afternoon for a bit, so I really should get up and get myself around.
Happy Tuesday!
No comments:
Post a Comment