Monday, November 1, 2010

Stream of Thought

Tonight I'm grouchy.  It's been a long day.  We were short handed at work, which wasn't too huge of a deal, as it actually makes the day go faster.  BUT, I'm telling you, I think every pain in the butt came out in full force this afternoon and that just plain wears you out.  Steve started out the morning really grouchy but recovered nicely later in the day.  He even came and apologized for being grouchy with me.  Too late though.  His grouchy-ness had rubbed off on me.  Grrr.  Tanner called me while I was eating lunch today and said that while walking out into the hallway after choir, someone accidentally hit her in the face.  Not a big deal...if you didn't just have surgery ten days ago!  Ugh!  She was sore, but not crying, so that was good.  I got on the phone and called my friend, the Asst. Principal and she gave her some Tylenol for me.  Thank you Jesus for Kimberly Lewis!  Tanner finished out the school day and outside of being sore tonight, is doing pretty good.  Since the surgery ended up being more invasive and extensive than they originally thought, the healing process is more extensive than we originally thought.  We go back to the Dr on Wednesday and she'll remove some more scabs and gunk and hopefully that will open up her airway a little bit more.  I'm watching "Dancing With The Stars" right now and wish to high heaven I could dance and move like them people do!  Mercy!  I was really frustrated this evening with some things when Steve came home.  It had nothing to do with him, by the way.  Anyway, I was in the middle of taking a bath and fixing dinner.  Steve came in, put his stuff up, grabbed a beer and took over the cooking and the cleaning up of the kitchen...I was so incredibly thankful.  All I had to do was eat (french toast and bacon) and then was able to do some paperwork stuff that needed to be done.  I love my husband!  Tanner just got out of the shower, which means I need to get off of here and help her study for a Health test tomorrow.  Oh the joy.

No comments: