Monday, March 8, 2010

Monday, Monday

Today has been a long, chilly, cloudy day. It was supposed to be in the 60's (or so I thought!) and I thought after the beautiful day yesterday, that surely today would be the same.

NOPE!

That's ok though. We made the best of it.

I started a two day Microsoft Excel class today. I've had the class before, but since I don't use it everyday, I have forgotten some things. Two of the girls I work with are going to the class with me, which makes it fun. It's being put on by the Criminal Justice Institute out of Little Rock, but the class itself is being held at the Washington County Sheriff's Office.

We went to a Microsoft Word class there last month and this is the second in a series of three. The next one (being held next month) is Microsoft Power Point. The Word class was fun and interesting-thought I've been using Word for years, I actually learned some new things. I was looking forward to the Excel class (mainly because of the teacher) but I have to say-today it was tough to stay focused and pay attention! We made it through though and Praise God we got out at 3:00!

A lot of why I was so ADD in class today was because Tanner was at home sick. Poor girl-she's got what I figure is a bad sinus infection and an upper respiratory infection. Fourteen years of fighting sinus infections with the girl has made me a near expert in the field!

Usually Steve and I switch off staying at home when Tanner is sick. But today, I didn't have a choice-I had to go to class and Steve's new boss was in town, so he had to go to the office. So we left Tanner at home (with strict medicine instructions) by herself. No big deal usually, but I felt horrible since she was sick! Thankfully Mike's Mom (who lives here now) was able to come over this afternoon and sit with her for a few hours. Tanner hasn't gotten out of bed except to eat, since she woke up this morning. Poor kid, she is just miserable.

I was supposed to go out with the "Monday Night Girls" tonight, but we ended up postponing since several of us couldn't go. I was bummed, but was ok with it at the same time. I'm now sitting here in bed watching the wedding of Jason and Molly from "The Bach." Pathetic, huh?

I'm glad Monday is over. I think as soon as this is over and I get Tanner settled for the night, I'm going to turn in myself.

G'night!

No comments: