Thursday, February 4, 2010

My oven caught on FIRE last night.

Thankfully we have a small kitchen and thankfully Steve and I were both in the kitchen cooking last night when it happened. We both had our back turned to the oven, but I saw a flicker out of the corner of my eye. I turned around to see what it was (I also had a candle burning on the stove, so I thought that's what it was) and the heating element in the bottom of my oven had flames coming out of it and was sparking. I hurried and turned the oven off and it burned itself out so it didn't really harm anything. Just burned the heating element.

It could have been so much worse and I'm so thankful we were right there when it happened! Thank you Jesus!

Steve is going to try and change out the heating element today. Some of my FB friends said it's not a hard thing to do (although anyone that knows us, knows that usually when an "easy" project needs to be done, it quickly turns into a "not so easy" project) so he's going to try and do himself.

I'll keep ya posted!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! That would be scary - and easily a tragedy! SO THANKFUL that you were there and nothing happened!
I'm *SURE* ya'll can do it! And I know you can't be without an oven! How will you bake??? :) hee hee

~Missie ray G

JulieAnn said...

Oh My! Glad that you were right there and that there was no major damage. PTL for watching over you!

Annette said...

Wow! So glad it was easy to get out and didn't cause any damage!