Earlier tonight, my phone vibrated letting me know I had a text. I looked and it was from Mike, Tanner's Dad and my Ex-husband. Most who know me, know that Mike and I are tolerant (at best) of each other, but only for the sake of Tanner. Text messages from him are not a common thing (and I'm not complaining a bit!).
The text from Mike said "How was school this week?"
My reply, though I was wondering why he was asking me instead of Tanner, was "Good."
He responded a little while later and that's when the fun started!
Here is our text conversation:
Mike: "Learn anything?"
Me (posing as Tanner): "I have my first boyfriend"
Mike: "Really?"
Me (as Tanner): "Yep. He's cute and his name is Jose."
Mike: "Is he a Christian?"
Me (as Tanner): "IDK I haven't asked him."
Mike: "You'd better find out."
Me (as Tanner): "He talks about mass but I don't know what that is."
Mike: "You're too young to have a boyfriend."
Me (as Tanner): "Mom doesn't think so. She said we could maybe go 2 a movie."
Mike: "No"
Me: Y?
Mike: "Because your too young."
Me: "Mom doesn't think so."
________________________________
It was at that point that I decided to call Mike and let him in on the joke. When I called Mike, I acted totally normal and immediately said "What's going on?"
He said "Oh nothing, just texting with Tanner."
Yea, that's where I lost it. Steve and I both busted out laughing! When I told Mike that he had been texting me, not Tanner, the sigh of relief could be felt for miles. Oh my word, it was funny! I think he was speechless for a few moments, which is what made it funnier!! Oh, what a great time we had with this!
Moral of the story? Be careful who you text!!!
2 comments:
You are evil!!! LOL, glad you had fun though! :)
That's funny! My question is, did Mike think it was funny or not so much? :oD
Post a Comment