In some ways I can't believe it's been four years and in others, it seems like a lot longer than that. Either way, they've been the best four years of my life.
Steve is the one person in this world who can make me laugh no matter what. He's the one person who loves me no matter what mood I'm in or what else is going on in our lives. He loves Tanner like she's his own. He helps me around the house and in the kitchen. He challenges me to go outside my box of comfort. No matter what else is going on, I can count on Steve to be there by my side. He's always honest with me, even when the truth may hurt. Being married to Steve has made me understand why people stay married for a lifetime.
The past year of our lives hasn't been easy. Death, marriages, funerals, hospitalizations, you name it, it's probably happened (or it seems that way at least!). Through it all though, Steve has been there holding my hand and crying right along with me. There is no way that I could have made it through everything without him.
One of the things I love the most about my husband is how he gets along with the rest of my family. He's best friends with my oldest brother. My Dad calls him "Son." My uncles, aunts and cousins love him. My Grandpa and Grandma Golden thought he hung the moon. One of the last things my Grandpa said to me before he died was "You sure do have yourself a good man. I like him a lot better than I did the first." (Ha! I loved my Gramps!)
And of course his relationship with Tanner-watching/hearing those two interact and joke and laugh together just makes me smile. They scrapbook together (yes, you read that correctly)They love to watch movies together. They tease each other and play tricks on each other. Tanner knows beyond a shadow of a doubt that Steve will be right there for her anytime she needs him, no matter what. They have a bond like no other and it melts my heart.
Steve isn't perfect by any means, but he's perfect for me. I can't imagine going through this life with any other person. I am so excited to see what God has in store for the rest of our lives!
I love you Steve!
3 comments:
Aww, what a beautiful tribute to your husband and your marriage. I wish you two all the best! Happy Anniversary! :)
Thats sweet Shelly! You two are in inspiriation!
And his church family loves him.... :)
Post a Comment