It's been a few days since I've posted. This week we've had VBS at church in the evenings and by time I get home at night, I'm beat and don't feel like doing anything but going to bed! I'm all caught up at work and my Lt said we could all relax until 5:00, so here I am.
First of all, Tanner has had a great week at camp! Thank you Jesus! She has texted and called several times a day and seems to be having a lot of fun. They have had church on the beach every night and she really likes that. The kids have free time all afternoon and are allowed to wade in the ocean, swim at the pool, play games in the conference center or just hang out in their rooms. Up until today she hasn't swam, but today she was going to get in the water. Her knee is hurting her even though she's in the brace, but she told me "It doesn't really matter, Mom. It's gonna hurt no matter what and I just have another week until it gets fixed." She's right. So she's enjoying herself and having a good time!
I'm so glad that she is having such a good time. The first few nights I didn't sleep good because I was worrying about her and constantly waking up to check my phone to make sure I didn't miss a call. Several times I had late night text messages! Last night she didn't text or anything; she said they went back to their room after church and all went to bed. I think the lack of sleep has started to catch up with them.
They will leave Panama Beach sometime tomorrow and will be back here in town early Saturday morning. I can't wait to see her! She'll go back to Mike and Jill's for another week and then be home on the 5th.
Yesterday we started getting aluminum siding put on our house. I'm so excited because even though they've only put a little bit on so far-it looks great. I can't wait to see the whole thing when it's finished. The guy thought he'd be done sometime tomorrow.
I'm off to change clothes and get ready to head to church. Hope everyone's had a great week!
No comments:
Post a Comment