Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Guess what I did today!?

I slept until the alarm went off!! WOOOHOO!!! Go me!!! We'll see what happens tonight and see if I can do that two days in a row. No one hold their breath just yet though, ok?

Monday night Tanner was supposed to have her first softball game along with softball pictures. Well the rain caused the game to be cancelled, but they still did pictures. When we got back in the truck after they were over, Tanner was telling me that one girl on the team didn't show up because she was sick.

I said "Oh that's too bad."

Tanner, in all seriousness, said "Yea, I sure hope she doesn't have that swine flu stuff."

Holy cow I laughed my face off! My girl cracks me up!

Today my best friend Stephanie goes for a very important ultrasound and amnio. She is five months pregnant with her fifth baby and there seems to be some problems. She's been on bed rest for the last five weeks and that's about driven her crazy because she's such an active person to begin with. They've done a lot of testing and some things have come back normal while some tests have come back abnormal. We are all praying that she gets good news today.

Lately, I've really missed my old Bible Study group. When I first started going to church at New Springs I became involved in a small all girl's Bible Study group. The church had several going and I started going to one that met on Monday nights and only had six girls in it. It was great-we'd have snacks or whatever, send the kids upstairs to play and then we'd dig through whatever study we were doing. We had some awesome studies with lots of discussion. Ironically, everyone in the group eventually moved away and I'm now the only one who is still here. :(

I'm not sure why it's been on my mind so much lately, but I just really miss that small Bible Study atmosphere, the prayer time we always had and of course the friendships as well. New Springs doesn't have a women's Bible Study group anymore. They have Guilds, which is kind of a family group study, but honestly, the last time we tried to go to them, it was hard to pay attention and get anything out of the study because the kids were always running around screaming, yelling, fighting, playing and just being kids. Steve nor I got anything out of it and honestly, it just seemed to be a waste of time. So we stopped going.

I do a daily devotion and have my daily prayer time in the mornings, but there's just something about having a guided study that I miss. I enjoy my quiet times but at the same time, I long for something more. I don't feel like I'm (spiritually) in a position to lead a study or otherwise I'd step up and offer to start a group.

I was talking to one of the girl's from the group, who moved to Seattle a couple of years ago, yesterday. She said she totally felt the same way-that she's met a bunch of neat people up there and they are involved in their church there-but it's not the same as our girl's group was. So I'm not the only one who misses the group.

When everyone first moved off, we tried to stay in contact and tried to send a once a week or once every couple of week update email to try and stay connected. Though it was a nice effort, it fizzled out a few months after it started and now, we hardly talk to each other at all. It makes me sad, but I suppose that's how life goes.

I just miss my old girls group and being apart of a guided Bible Study.

Oh well.

I need to get off of here and get busy fixing lunches and finish getting ready.

Say a prayer for us if you think about it at 2:00. We are meeting with the Dr's and Social Workers at the assisted living place where Steve's Mom is. I'm not sure how the meeting is going to go-but I have a feeling some hard decisions are going to have to be made by Steve and his sister. So it may be a tough meeting. :(

Happy Hump Day!

1 comment:

Annette said...

Oh you sweet, sweet girl! Always looking out for others while still dealing with hard times yourself! I hope the meeting about Steve's mom went well, and THANKS for all you've done for and meant to me this week! LOVE YOU!!