We had such a GREAT time in Springfield with Krista and the kids. I can't put into words how great it was to just hang out and relax with my oldest, longest, bestest friend on the face of this earth. I only wish we had more than just those 24 hours!
Kris's kids, Tyrus and Ava Jane were such sweeties! The last time I saw Ty was when he was 2 (he's four now) and then I've never met Ms. Ava J until this weekend. She's almost 2! It was so fun to have a conversation with Ty. He's such a brigh, very articulate, funny little guy-it's like he's always thinking. My favorite was when Krista and Tanner got out to run into the gas station and get us a coke. I stayed in th truck with the kiddos.
Out of the blue, Ty says "Aunt Shelly why is Tanner my cousin?"
"She just is, big guy."
"Did God make us cousins Aunt Shelly?"
"Yep, He sure did!"
It was too cute. I love that little man.
And sweet Ava J-she is a "mini me" of Tyrus for sure! She's got the biggest, most beautiful eyes. She's so cute when she sticks that thumb in her mouth and then immediately starts twisting and twirling a curl on the top of her head. That's what we call her "happy place" becuase if she's upset or tired, that's what she does! It was too cute!
Me being the bad Aunt that I am-I forgot to take my camera along with us when we went out and about on Saturay afternoon. We went and looked at Matt and Krista's old rent house, went to the park and then went to get a bite for dinner. Yea, I left my camera at the house, darn it! I missed some great photo/blog opp's for sure!
After we got back to Krista's on Saturday evening we got the kids to bed and then us big girls (Kris, Tanner and I) got comfy and watched tv a little before going to bed. It was funny because we were all yawning and about to fall asleep! Kris made a comment about how it was early, but she was about ready for bed. Tanner and I quickly agreed. We headed back downstairs and were in bed by 9:45.
Since Matt (Krista's husband) was on a fishing trip, I slept with Kris in their king size bed. Tanner slept on the floor on a pallatte next to us. When we turned out the light, Krist explained to Tanner that growing up, this is how we would sleep when we had sleepovers. She also told her about how, growing up, when the lights went out, that began "giggle time" and we'd giggle and talk until all hours of the morning. Not Saturday night though. We were all ASLEEP at 10:05 p.m!
Sunday morning we got up, had breakfast and hit the road back to Arkansas. When we got in the car, before we even got out of the driveway, Tanner said "Boy Mom, I sure did have a good time! That was so fun!" Melted my heart. :>
Good friends. Good times. Good memories.
On a different note:
We got the MIL moved into The Maples and so far, so good. Please cross your fingers that this goes well. I talked to Mom a little bit today and she seemed maybe a little out of it, but whether it was genuine or fake, who really knows. Regardless, she's not tried to escape so far, she likes her roommate so far and the only thing she complains about is the Dr and well, that's just because he doesn't give her what she wants. And we, the family, are just fine with that!
So a great weekend and an answer to prayer.
You just can't beat that, huh?
No comments:
Post a Comment