Sunday, March 1, 2009

Sunday, Sunday......

What a great day today has been!

Our good friends, Ryan and Sara Nelson were at church today!! Ryan and Sara, along with their three kids, live in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Sara and I actually Bible Bowled together when we were younger. We didn't know each other real well then though. About seven years ago, I joined a FABULOUS small group of women from our church. Sara was one of those fabulous women. It was such a blessing to be apart of these six women's lives. (I wish everyone was still around-instead they've all moved off and left me, dang it!) We did a weekly Bible Study together, we prayed together, we raised our kids together....man, we had some good times!

All the while, Ryan was the music minister at our church. Five and a half years ago, they received a call from a church in Albuquerque and moved there. :( We've stayed in close contact and have seen them several times over the past few years as well. This past week they were in Joplin for a Preaching and Teaching conference and drove down to Springdale last night. They stayed with the Shacklett's last night and came to church and Family Feed (our monthly church potluck) today.

When Ryan and Sara left, they only had Reed, who was just a baby. Now Reed is five and they have added Ashton, who is three and Landis, who was just born in November! I can't tell you how good it was to see them. I got to hold Landis through part of church and he's such a sweet, sweet baby! Reed and Ashton are just adorable as ever and I was so impressed on how good they got along and looked out for each other! It was definitely an awesome day at church.

I'm sad to see them go, but I know beyond on a shadow of a doubt, Ryan and Sara are friends for life and we'll seem them again soon. Love you guys so much!!

*******************************************************************

After church Tanner and I headed to Target (you aren't surprised are you? It's my favorite store!). I'm not joking when I say that we spent an hour and a half in there. Friday is Spring pictures at school so we were looking for a shirt to wear, along with some other things. It struck me while Tanner was looking at and picking out clothes-just how grown up my girl is getting. She can wear a size 3 in Juniors and her undergarments no longer come from the "little girl" section! AHHHHHHH!!!! When did my child grow up!?!?!

We had a good time though and enjoyed our outing. Tanner's not always in the shopping mood but when she is-she's a ton of fun. I love seeing her try things on and then hear her reaction. Today she tried a dress on (that I thought was icky!) that she thought she'd love. She took one look at it in the mirror and said "Oh...it looks better on the hanger than it does on me!" That's my girl.

I'm off of here to finish getting things ready for the week and then Tanner and I have a date to watch Extreme Home Makeover.

Toodles!

1 comment:

Sara said...

We are lifetime friends, girl! It cracks me up about the Bible bowl days! SOOOO long ago! I have been very blessed to call you friend! Sorry for the leaving you all by yourself (except I know you are NOT all by yourself)! It was great to be a New Springs again and see all the change! You all definitely have a spirit of community there! Thanks for all your kind words!