Saturday, February 28, 2009

Busy yet Productive

I slept in today until 10:00! That's a record for me! That was over ten hours of unmedicated, pure sleep. Boy let me tell you-I don't remember the last time I slept that late! It felt good too and I woke up feeling pretty rested. What a good feeling!

Tanner and I fixed breakfast this morning. She wanted some monkey bread, so while she made that, I made some bacon and fried a couple of eggs for Steve. We all ate breakfast together and it was de-lish! I was rather impressed with our big breakfast-that doesn't happen nearly as often as it should around this house!

After cleaning up the kitchen, I decided to run a couple of errands. My Aunt and cousin didn't end up coming down from Joplin because my cousin was sick. That meant that Tanner could stay in her jammies all day (lucky girl!) and I got to run my errands by myself.

It was colder than snot here and snowing right down so I didn't think the crowds would be that bad. WRONG! Holy cow, I don't know what the deal was, but traffic and people were AWFUL today! It took me forever to get out of the Wal-Mart parking lot and I totally skipped going to Target because I was so irritated with the crowds of people.

I was so cold and irritated that I called Steve on the way home and told him and Tanner to put some shoes and coats on-they were carrying in the groceries since I shopped for them and loaded them in the truck! Praise God my hubby is such a good helper!

Once I got groceries unpacked and put away, I got busy in the kitchen. We have a family at church who is having a baby tomorrow. Long, involved story, but the baby is "incompatible with life" and isn't going to make it. The ladies of the church have all come together and are helping Tonya and BJ with meals, house cleaning, babysitting for the older sister, etc. It's the least we can do during this horribly rough time!

So yesterday afternoon I made some homemade beef and vegetable soup, some cornbread muffins, some chocolate chip cookies and a big batch of pancakes. All of that stuff can be frozen and thawed at the drop of a hat. When Steve had his surgery, a friend brought us some homemade waffles. They were a lifesaver! You always think about making a family some dinner, but often times forget all about breakfast. So I've started making pancakes or muffins along with whatever meal I'm making so that the family has breakfast taken care of as well.

I also made a big 'ole pot of awesome spaghetti (my Dad would have been so proud of my sauce-man it was good!) and an angel food cake/strawberry jello dessert that my Grandma Golden used to make. When I got out of the kitchen (at 8:00!) Steve came in and started chopping the sausage for today's lunch at church. I don't think my kitchen was clean and put back together until around 9:00 tonight!

Needless to say, I was beat by time we got done!

Tanner now wants me to watch a show with her so I'm going to get off of here, watch her show and then head to bed.

'Night!

No comments: