So this past Thursday, we came home after work to find that our cable was out. It stayed out until Sunday evening. Evidently the piece of equipment that they needed to get to was submerged in water and had electricity running to it, so they couldn't get to it. Therefore we had no cable and no Internet for three whole days-EEK!
At first we sat around almost down and out because it was the weekend and we couldn't watch tv. Little did we realize though, just how much we could get done when we didn't have tv! I read several magazines that I had laying around that I needed to go through and got all my chores done in record time! :)
Steve on the other hand.......he channeled his inner Martha Stewart self and got to work (once again) on our bathrooms. Keep in mind our bathrooms were a project we started over a year ago and have just finished a little bit at a time. The wallpaper in both rooms was plastered to the dry wall and was a PAIN in the butt to get to come down. This weekend though, Steve tackled the wallpaper in his bathroom with the steamer (thanks Krista!!) and man, it really worked! Here is a picture of when he was putting the tile up around the shower. You can see the walls, where part of the dry wall is coming off with the paper.....

Here is a picture after all the wallpaper has been removed, the dry wall sanded and the primer pained on.....man, I love progress! He's outside now with his power tools cutting wood in order to make a border around his mirror-it's kind of funny how into this all of a sudden he is. I just hope he gets it finished this time! HA! My bathroom is next and I can't wait!

When the cable came back on, though we were happy, we were also kind of sad. We've decided we are definitely going to turn the tv off more on the weekends. I think a lot of times it's on more for noise than anything else (ok and because we all love watching The Food Network and can't get enough of it!) and now that we've seen what happens when we aren't just sitting around, I think it's the motivation we needed.
I'll keep the pictures coming!
No comments:
Post a Comment