I wasn't sure if Tanner would like it or not because she's such a picky eater. Let me tell you though-that child ATE IT UP! She loves steak and she really loved cooking her own! She was oh so proud that she cooked hers "perfectly with a little pink in the middle."
It was an awesome night and we had such a blast together!
Here's a picture of the first part.............................
After we cleaned up the main dish portion of our night, Tanner went and took a shower while I fixed a chocolate fondue. YUMMY! I have to admit though-I screwed the first batch up, which hurt my pride but not my feelings-I didn't like the semi sweet taste of it anyway. BUT, I felt so Sandra Lee'ish (Semi-Homemade With Sandra Lee on Food Network)! I improvised (and Unkie, you should be proud!) and took some Bakers Melting Chocolates (those things ROCK by the way) and melted them along with some of the heavy whipping cream. It turned out WONDERFUL and was sinfuly good!
We dipped strawberries, marshmellows, pound cake, apples and banana's in the choclate. My favorite were the strawberries, Tanner's was the pound cake and Steve's was the marshmellows.
Here's a picture of desert:
My sweet hubby just came in (mind you it's Monday night at 7:35) and told me thank you for putting all that together on Saturday night. He said he was telling his secretary all about it today and realized that he never told me just how much he enjoyed it and how good it was. AWWW! Love that man!
I'm looking for a good cheese fondue recipe if anyone has a good one, let me know! We're thinking we're gonna have a cheese fondue night next!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment