Thursday, February 26, 2009

Holy Cow What A Day!!

Holy moly, I was so incredibly busy today! I was the only one in my Division today which one would think would make an easy day but WRONG! Man, it was non-stop!

First thing today I got a phone call from the English teacher. Last night Tanner brought home a print out of her grades and there was a note saying that her English grade (an F!) wasn't right. I wrote a very nice note next to it asking if someone would please tell me what T's grade was, as I knew the computer wasn't the only capable thing to figure grades. Well lo and behold after three weeks of trying to communicate with the dang teacher, she finally calls.

Of course she was defensive and a little pissy but I suppose that's to be expected. Basically, I think what it comes down to is that the teacher is very unorganized and that has affected her grading. Totally can understand the whole being behind on your grades, but seriously, being unorganized is just something that I have low tolerance for. Tanner really has a C but the teacher still has to put three or four grades in the computer, so we'll see what happens.

I got my new debit card in the mail yesterday-Praise God! I typically don't carry cash, but when I don't have access to it, I really want it! Human nature, I suppose. I told Tanner we'd go to Chik-Fil-A yesterday morning for breakfast and then I realized I didn't have any cash or a working debit card. Nothing like offering to take your kid out to breakfast and then having to ask the kiddo to borrow some of her allowance! She didn't care though-we were going to Chik-Fil-A (ok and making a pit stop at Starbucks for Momma!), so that's all that mattered.

Something I've noticed at work lately is how many suicides we've had. It's bad. Don't know if it's the economy and the stress of the economy and people getting laid off that are driving people to do awful things to themselves, but man, it's horrible! It's times like these that I wish I didn't work at the PD and therefore I'd know nothing about how many people kill themselves each day. It really is scary and sad. I just pray that either God comes back for us quickly or that this recession ends quickly. I don't like all the sadness!

I'm really looking forward to the weekend. It's gonna be a good one. Tomorrow night a girlfriend and I are taking our girls to eat and then to see the Jonas Brothers movie that comes out tomorrow night. It'll be so fun! We are all really looking forward to it.

Saturday my Aunt and cousin are coming down from Joplin. Seems my cousin, the bride in the "Wedding of the Century" (that's what we call it), is having a hard time picking out shoes for the girls. So they are coming down here to have Tanner put on one of the dresses and then model shoes. Tanner is so excited about being in the wedding and wearing a fancy dress that she could care less about the shoes, but she's looking forward to being a "foot model." I'll be sure to take the camera!

Sunday some friends that moved to New Mexico a few years ago are supposed to maybe be at church on Sunday. They just had their third baby not to long ago and the Daddy has already asked me if I would hold the baby through church. DUH! Of course! That's what "Aunt Bob" loves to do-love on some babies! It's also Family Feed at church and those are always good times as well.

Guess what I did today!? I wore a pair of Tanner's shoes! EEK!! I wore my 13 year old's shoes! Holy cow! I've never worn a pair of my mom's shoes...heck, she didn't like it (and still doesn't) if I borrowed a sweatshirt growing up, much less shoes! I need a pair of black ballet shoes though and all I had was brown. So Tanner's it was!

I am extremely tired tonight. I'm so ready for the week to be over. I just feel drained. I wish I could crawl in bed and sleep for several days, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen anytime soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's pretty bad that it took your daughter's teacher three weeks to get back to you to explain the problem with her grade! I would have been annoyed too!