As if yesterday wasn't bad enough..........................
Our phone rang around 9:30 last night and when we looked at the caller id and saw that it was work, we knew it wasn't going to be good.
One of our officers' sons had just passed away. Tyler was 14.
Out of respect for the family and the sensitive nature of everything, I'm not going to go into details here. No matter what the situation though, no parent should ever have to bury their child.
Our department has 140-150 employees, both sworn and civilian. While that might sound like a lot, it really isn't. Everyone knows everyone else and when one suffers, we all suffer. Needless to say the mood around the station today was very somber and solemn.
Ever since we got that phone call, I've tried to put myself in he and his wife's shoes and I just can't do it. It makes me sick to my stomach. Life is definitely too short.
Please keep the Ball family in your prayers. And go hug your babies one more time.
1 comment:
Again, I'm so sorry for the family and others involved, and so sad your PD family is going through yet another tough situation! Hang in there. Love you!
Post a Comment