I'm battling a cold/allergies/sinus infection......something. My Dad had a cold over Christmas and I'm not sure if I caught something from him or what-I'm about tired of it though, that's for sure!
I'm on vacation this week, thank goodness. One of the few advantages of being on the Christmas committee is the ability to earn comp time. Thankfully, with time off for the holidays figured in, I was able to accrue enough comp time to take two weeks off at Christmas. It's been a nice two days because Tanner is at her Dad's and Steve has to work. That means I get some much needed "Momma time."
Yesterday I took Tanner to her Dad's then came home and did things around the house until it was time to get ready for the funeral. Steve and I went to the funeral then came home and met Chelsey (Steve's daughter) so we could do Christmas with her.
We ordered pizza, opened gifts with Chels and just hung out until it was time for her to leave. She wanted to stay with her cousin Miranda while over here, so she left around 9:00 to head over there. We had a nice visit with her and things seem like they are going very well for her these days. She went through a rough period a couple of months ago, but that time seems to have passed and she seems to have learned from her mistakes.
I got up this morning and got around in an effort to get all my errands done for the week. The weather was beautiful here today and I knew it wouldn't last so although I felt like crap, I figured I needed to get out today and get things done. So off I went at 10:30.
First stop-the mall. One of my favorite Christmas gifts from Steve was a t-shirt from The Buckle that said "Rock Star" on the front. (I'm always calling someone a "rock star" and I've convinced my 4 year old niece I'm a "rock star") The shirt ended up being too small and I had to take it back. Unfortunately they didn't have anymore, so I just had to get a refund.
Bummer.
Second stop-JC Penney's. I had to exchange a sweater for Tanner and was able to do that without any problems. I also found me a pair of black Nike wind pants like I had been wanting.
Score!
Third stop-Target. My goal was to get a refill for my planner. Well I got one, but it was the WRONG one. GRR!! I did stumble upon some Christmas goodies for next year for SUPER cheap though-that was a good thing! I love a good bargain!
Fourth stop-Sam's. I got gas, got my truck washed and picked up a few groceries. I also got myself a good 'ole coke slushy. YUM-O! Man, it hit the spot!
Fifth stop-Walmart. Why is it that every time I take my list to Walmart, I end up walking out with WAY more than what was originally on it? Just curious. The good thing is that I'm stocked up now for quite some time. No more major grocery runs for me for a couple of weeks.
Sixth stop-Home sweet Home. Oh, I was so happy to pull into the driveway! I unpacked groceries, fixed dinner, took a bath and crashed! I'm exhausted tonight!
Though it was a long day, it was a productive day and I feel much better about the rest of the week knowing my errands are done. Tomorrow I'm taking down the Christmas tree and then on Thursday I'm going to just veg out all day.
Man, that'll be nice!
I know I still need to blog about our Christmas at home, but right now, I'm beat and I'm heading to bed.
Maybe tomorrow..........................
No comments:
Post a Comment