I woke up today to one of the most annoying sounds. My husband's snoring. The time you ask....3:05a.m. Grrrr!! Bless his baby heart, I know he can't help it. And believe me, I try to remember that as I'm laying there wide awake, staring at the ceiling, all the while, he's laying next to me, snoring away. I'll be honest and say...I've been known to take his name in vain a time or two when this has happened.
Really, it's my own fault I'm so tired. As much as I like to blame it on him, it's really my own fault. I could wake him up. I could, as he likes to say, "roll him over." I could punch him in the nose and wake him up. Ok, maybe not that extreme. But you get the picture. I feel bad though. I feel bad because I know that getting to sleep is sometimes hard for him. I feel bad because I know that sometimes he too, if awaken in the middle of the night, as a hard time falling back asleep. So I don't wake him up. Instead, I lay there, staring at the ceiling, taking his name in vain, stewing until I can take it no more.
This morning I finally got out of bed at 4:00. I was in the bathroom getting ready when I heard Tanner's door open. It was 4:30. In the bathroom she comes, sleepy eyed and a bit whiny. "I just need a hug........" Hug, hug and I sent her back to bed.
Thirty minutes later, I hear the door open again. Here she comes yet again. This time she was complaining that her ear really hurt and she was coughing again. I dosed her up with Delsym and sent her back to bed.
At 5:30 when she got up again, I was more than a bit irritated. Unfortunately, my child is just like her mother. Once she's awake, she's awake for good. I got on to her at this point and told her when she has the opportunity to sleep, then by golly sleep! I told her I didn't like being up this early and I wasn't up by choice. I would LOVE to sleep in until 6:30! And heck, I'd just love to sleep until my alarm goes off at 5:30! I sent her back to bed for a third and final time.
At 5:45, I went in and got her up. I figured if she was awake, she might as well be up and getting around. That way we could maybe get out of the house early or at least on time.
On our way to Mike and Jill's, she had her head laying over on one shoulder. I finally said "What is your problem!?" She said "it feels like water is running out of my ear." When we got to Mike's, I looked in her ear. Yea, it was gross. Nice and crusty. We cleaned it out a little bit and sure enough, it started oozing again.
I really think that her ear probably started draining early in the morning and that's what woke her up. She's got several spots on her pillow where her ear was draining. I called the nurse and she said it could be that her eardrum ruptured because of the all the pressure and fluid. She called in some antibiotic/steroid ear drops and told me to go pick them up and take them to the school so she could get started on them.
Her ear is still bothering her tonight, but it's not slowing her down any. She sang at the Fayetteville Square with her Honor Choir and then went to eat with them afterwards. I'll try to post pictures of that maybe tomorrow.
For now...I'm exhausted and am going to bed.
2 comments:
I've had a hole in my eardrum...swimmer's ear. Very painful! I sure hope she's not feeling that bad. Glad she got to sing! Hopefully those meds will take effect quickly....and you get some sleep!
(I have to tell Jeff to turn on his side frequently.)
Derek snores. If he's on his back I ask him to roll over. If he's on his side, I know there's nothing I can do. So, off to the spare bed I go. It's the only way I'll get any sleep. Sometimes I'm just so glad he's actually getting some sleep I just skip the rolling over part and go to the other room. I feel your pain.
Post a Comment