My girl is sick again. Poor kid.
She started complaining last night that her ear hurt, had "bubbles" in them and she was coughing.
This morning, I could hear her in her bedroom, while she was sleeping, coughing and hacking. When she got up she said her face hurt, as did her throat and ears.
Tanner has always been a sick kid. She's had sinus and ear problems since she was born. She doesn't run a fever with the infections, she just usually complains of "bubbles" in her ears and "gunk" in her throat...or a "heavy" face.
The Honor Choir is singing on the square tomorrow night, Tanner's got two Christmas programs to perform in this weekend, then her Honor Choir Christmas concert is Tuesday. Plus finals are next week. She's got to feel good-she has no time to be sick!
So I called the Dr and the nurse was able to work me in (it pays to be a frequent patient). Come to find out, she's got a bad ear infection in her right ear, fluid in her left and a sinus infection on top of that. Her cough is all part of it. We've now got meds and are shoveling those, along with her regular allergy medicine, down her throat. Poor kid. You can tell she doesn't feel good.
And can I just say that I absolutely LOVE our pediatrician, Dr. Froman! She's so awesome! She is so sweet and kind and has always been such a help when it comes to Tanner. She's aggressive in her treatment and she's always so loving towards Tanner. I know Tanner feels totally comfortable with telling Dr. Froman anything. I'm so thankful that we've been blessed with such an incredible Dr. (And by the way, her nurse, Renee, rocks as well!)
After we left the Dr we ran to Target and got the antibiotics and picked up some frozen pizza for dinner. We came home, took our baths, Tanner did homework and now is practicing her flute. Steve is at the range tonight doing night fire, so he won't be home until later. In the meantime, we're gonna snuggle in, eat our pizza and watch whatever Christmas special is on tonight.
Blessings!
1 comment:
Give sweet Tanner a hug from me and the girls! London's been oozing gunk for weeks too....
Post a Comment