Monday, November 24, 2008

Every morning, I get up at either 4:45 or 5:00. I get around and ready then have anywhere from a half an hour to usually more like an hour, of me time. During this time, I sip my Chai tea, I read my Bible and I get on the computer if I feel like it. I love this part of my day. I truly believe I'm a better Mom, Wife and person because of this time. I'm able to regroup, focus, pray and just generally get ready to face the day. By time Tanner wakes up, I've been up awhile and am ready to help her out if she needs it. We still have an occasional bad morning, but usually, our mornings are so much easier because we aren't both rushing around.

Right now I'm reading through the book of Proverbs. Today this verse and it's commentary stuck out to me. The verse just cracks me up, but the commentary really shows what the verse is about.

"Like a gold ring in a pig's snout, is a beautiful woman who shows no discretion." Proverbs 11:22

"Physical attractiveness without discretion soon wears thin. We are to seek those character strengths that help us make wise decisions, not just those that make us look good. Not everyone who looks good is pleasant to live or work with. While taking good care of our body and appearance is not wrong, we also need to develop our ability to think."

Pretty cool, huh? We all want to look good and beautiful. But when it comes down to it, what's on the outside pales in comparison to what's on the inside.

I just thought this was neat and thought I'd share.

Blessings!

3 comments:

Annette said...

H-O-L-Y C-O-W!!! I so wish I could make myself get up that early! I would love to have time to myself and use that as a devotional time. Good for you. I love staying up at night way too much.

Holly said...

Yes, what's on the outside is far less important. My all-time favorite quote is, "Beauty if whatever gives joy." And it has now been my motto for years.

Holly said...

if = is