Steve and I are going home this morning for the funeral. Tanner doesn't want to go so she's staying here at her Dad's house. Her Dad and Step-Mom are both out of town so she'll actually be staying with Jill's Mom tonight and then Mike will be home tomorrow night. Please pray for her too. She's having a hard time right now too and I think for me, I get so caught up in my own grief, that I forget that she's grieving too. Pretty selfish of me, huh?
I'm having a harder time with this than I thought I would. Not sure why that is; maybe because I know this is it-both my Grandparents are gone now and that makes me so sad. I don't know, it's just weird.
I was listening to one of my Casting Crowns CD's yesterday and Tuesday and the song "I Will Praise You In This Storm" came on. Man, it really hit home for me. (If someone could please tell me how to upload a video from You-Tube, I'll put it on here) It basically talks about praising Jesus during the storms of life. Though my heart is heavy and though I struggle with the grief, I really am praising Jesus because Gma and Gpa are together again. There was quite a reunion in heaven I'm sure on Sunday night. I can only imagine the look on both of their faces when they were reunited.
I praise Jesus during this time too that Gma and Gpa both left such a powerful legacy for our family and for others. They touched so many lives, both separately and together, and it's so neat to hear all the stories from differnt people about Gma and Gpa. Our family aren't the only ones that think Gma and Gpa were special-there are many out that there feel that way too.
I praise Jesus that we have such a large, tight knit family. I praise Jesus that through all of this, our family comes together and we work together to get through times like this. Everyone is so stressed right now and yet praise Jesus, everyone gets along and there is no fighting or bickering about stupid little things like who gets what. Gma and Gpa raised the big kids and us grandkids to take care of one another and to stick together, no matter what. Praise Jesus for that.
I need to get off of here and get my girl up, get her up, get some errands done and then get packed and hit the road. Thank you so much for all the kind words, thoughts and the prayers for my family over the last few days. We feel those prayers and we know that that's the only way we are going to get through all of this. Thank you for standing in the gap, once again, for my family.
Praise You In This Storm Casting Crowns
I was sure by now
God, You would have reached down
And wiped our tears away
Stepped in and saved the day
But once again, I say "Amen", and it's still raining
As the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain "I'm with You"
And as Your mercy falls I raise my hands and praise the God who gives
And takes away
(CHORUS)
I'll praise You in this storm
And I will lift my hands
For You are who You are
No matter where I am
Every tear I've cried
You hold in Your hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm
I remember when
I stumbled in the wind
You heard my cry
You raised me up again
My strength is almost gone
How can I carry on
If I can't find You
As the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain
"I'm with You"
And as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise the God who gives
And takes away
(CHORUS)
I lift my eyes unto the hills
Where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord The Maker of Heaven and Earth (repeat)
(CHORUS)
Though my heart is torn I will praise You in this storm
3 comments:
I'm sorry that you're having to go through all this, but I'm so glad that you're hanging on to God through all of it.
To put the YouTube video in your post, find the video on YouTube, and then find the place that says "Embed". Copy and paste that text into the body of your post, and it will put the video on your blog.
I hope this helps...
Love ya,
Tonya
I'm sorry for your sadness Shelly. It's hard to say goodbye, I know.
I love that song, too! Reading it on your blog brought tears to my eyes. I know it has been so rough for you lately, and I'm sorry.
I hate seeing my friends hurt.
I just want you to know that I love you, and I am praying for you and your family daily.
Hang in there!
Love,
Deena
Post a Comment