It's been a busy last few days. We've been to parties, shot (and watched) fireworks ran errands, seen a movie, shopped a little and ate a lot. I honestly feel like I've gained ten pounds! It's been a lot of fun though. Family time always is.
Our 4th of July was awesome. My oldest brother bought so many fireworks. I have pictures that I'll post once I get back to Arkansas. Let me just give you an idea...he has a Ford F150 pickup. Almost the entire bed of the pick up was full of fireworks. I swear he's like a kid in the candy store when the fireworks stands open up each year.
In the surrounding subdivisions of where my parents and my brother live (they live about seven houses apart) they tend to try to out due each other as far as the fireworks go. Besides all that we had going on there were TONS of others going off all over around us. We aren't talking about little bangs here and there, we are talking professional grade fireworks displays. It was AWESOME. You didn't know where to look because they were going off in every direction. It was a lot of fun and definitely a 4th of July that we won't soon forget.
Tonight was my Dad's retirement party. My grandparents, along with one of my Dad's sisters and two of his brothers all came. We ate a lot of food and then just sat around and moaned, I mean talked. My Dad retired from AT&T after 30 years of service. AT&T used to be a great company to work for and Dad loved it. Over the past few years though, after changes in management, things went downhill quickly. Dad stuck in there for awhile, but a man can only take so much. Earlier this year when they took away his weekends off, he decided it was time to retire. Who can blame him? I'm so proud of him and the hard work he put in over the years, even during the bad times. I have to say though that he seemed like a whole new man this weekend. He was relaxed and joked more than usual. I know he feels a great sense of relief knowing he doesn't have to work for the company anymore. He's going to take a month or so off and is then going to look for something different. He's not the type that can just stay home-he needs to stay busy. He's telling people that he didn't retire, he's just in between jobs. HA!
I am dead tired. I don't know what my deal is. I told Steve today...if I didn't know any better, I'd think I was pregnant-I just feel that tired. I'm so tired, yet can't seem to really catch up either. UGH! I hate feeling this way.
Speaking of being so tired..my husband just came in to bed. I think I'll go that way myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment