Friday, April 4, 2008

Work Sucks-Please Pray

Man am I glad it's Friday. Without going into huge details, work has been pretty rough for me the last few months. Don't get me wrong, I love my job. I don't always like my co-workers or the politics that go along with working for a city government, but as far as the actual work goes-I love it. I have made some friends for life at the Springdale Police Department. I've also learned a ton and have had opportunities that I would have never have had if I didn't work there.

BUT............I begininning to think it's time to move on. I can't continue to work in the conditions that are present. It sucks to go to work and feel like you have to watch your every move. It sucks to go to work everyday knowing no one appreciates the work you do or the time you put in.

This morning, I sat in my office, door closed, and crying. I wanted so bad to say "f you" and walk out of there. Of course I can't do that, so I just sit and cry instead. Thank goodness for office doors!! I hate it. I hate feeling miserable at the place where I spend so much of my day.

That all being said-Steve heard of a job opening at his office today. The pay is good and it would still be in the law enforcement field. Plus, it would be a federal job, which is awesome. We spent four hours tonight on the computer working on the application. I got it finished and submitted, now we just sit back and wait. I don't expect to get it (and I'm really trying hard to not get my hopes up) but you never know until you try, right? And too, at least now I have an updated resume.

So please pray for me and with me about the job situation. I need and want a soft, kind heart when I go to work and lately it's been far from that, I'm ashamed to say. Pray too that if doors are supposed to open, then I will see that and go through those doors.

On a lighter note-Tanner is doing better this evening with her mouth. She's still got quite the lisp but she went to school and said no one made fun of her. (Which is good because this momma would have had to kick some six grade butt if they had) I got her some wax and some other stuff to put between her lips and her springs. I think that helps a lot. I also had the ortho call in some meds for all the canker sores she's now got in her mouth. I know she'll continue to improve each day and that makes me (and Tanner too) excited!

Steve and I have shared a stomach virus this week. Isn't that so kind?! I've got it now and it sucks. My tummy is just sour and yet gurgely at the same time. I'm almost hungry but when I eat, I want to throw up. Yuck. We are supposed to go on a date tomorrow night, but I have to make sure my tummy can withstand it or not.

Tomorrow morning at 9:00 I will be at NU Day spa enjoying my Valentine's present. I got a gift card for Valentine's Day for a morning at the spa. I get a one hour massage, a mud/clay facial, a hot mit and boot treatment, an aromatherapy whirlpool bath and a shampoo and style. I'm so looking forward to it. It's going to be awesome, I know. Again, I just hope my tummy is feeling up to par though.

Ok, it's 10:18 and my head is pounding. Time to get my bath and hit the sack. I apologize for this being so rambly. Please pray for the job situation.

1 comment:

Holly said...

I feel bad for Tanner. All that gear in her mouth is bad enough but cancer sores on top of it? ugh!