Sunday, April 6, 2008

I read this prayer/poem during my devotion this morning and thought I'd share:

Thirsting for a heart that's warm
Thirsting for a mind that's calm,
Thirsting for a rest of soul
Thirsting for a well-worth goal.
Thirsting for a sense of Him
Thirsting for what might have been.
Thirsting, thirsting hear my cry
Fill me Jesus or I die!

Kneeling at the well of grace
Looking into Jesus' face,
At the end and in despair
Cast myself on You in prayer;
Drawing on Your love for me-
Jesus my sufficiency!

This prayer just really struck me this morning. Espicially lately, I have felt like my mind doesn't stop and my soul is just......I don't even know the word, but it's definately not at rest! I want so bad to just hand everything that's on my mind over to God and yet that's so hard for me to do. I know I should, but that doesn't mean I always do it. I pray that God will forgive me for trying to do things on my own and that He will give me the sense of peace about things that I so long for.

No comments: