Sunday, April 6, 2008

True Fans

After all the rain these past couple of weeks, our yard has been over run with purple weed things (that's a technical term you know). Steve went out today and weed whacked the yard after chuch. When he was done he had a little smirk on his face so I asked him what he was grinning about. He told me he'd been playing. He then had me put my shoes on and go out to the backyard with him. This is what I saw:




Rock Chalk Jayhawks GO KU!!!!!

4 comments:

Annette said...

Oh my goodness. I may have to throw up! No just kidding! If we made it to the championship, I'm sure Todd would do something like this too. How creative of Steve! By the way, Todd says it's hen bed. That's what overtakes our back yard too. At least it's PURPLE! HA! You have a purple KU sign in your yard! :) How was the spa? Was it amazing? I'll be praying for your job situation!

Unknown said...

Hen Bed???...isn’t that something that a chicken sleeps in? Or is it bad advice from a K State fan. You got to watch those wildcat types. Anyway the old timer next door told me it was chickweed. I looked it up and he was wrong. I then looked up “Hen Bed,” but received several sites on chickens, so I looked up “Types of lawn weeds” and wouldn’t you know it “Henbit.” That's what we've got. I guess those purple putty tats aren’t that bad after all. Thanks Todd and Annette for the information...sp

Annette said...

LOL, so at least we were close! You're very welcome, Steve!

Holly said...

that's a crack up. i use to mow in jr. high. and i'd mow in random lines cuz mowing line after line is boring. then i'd dance in the little "aisles" i'd created (for a mowing break).

i think that's up steve's alley for when he gets the mower out!