Thank goodness, the 'ole Z-Pack has kicked in and the ears are feeling much better. There's still an occasional twinge of pain, but for the most part, I'm feeling recovered.
We had a good weekend. Tanner was at her Dad's so it was just Steve and I. We went to a friend's daughters birthday party on Saturday morning. We then grabbed a bite to eat and went to the grocery store. We just laid around the rest of the day. I even took a nap! I love weekend naps!
Sunday we went to church, went out to lunch and then went to the mall and got Steve some much needed new shoes. We came home after that and just hung out the rest of the day until Tanner came home. Overall it was a great weekend.
Tanner called me Saturday and said "Mom, I've GOT to read you this letter!" She was so excited. She got a letter in the mail asking her to be apart of the Honor Choir next year at school. She was so stinking excited! She's wanted to be apart of the Choir ever since she had music class the second quarter of the year. I'm really proud of her and am excited for her as well.
We were talking to her last night about next year and what classes she wants to take. She surprised me when she said she'd like to be a Teacher's Aide in the Special Ed room. It surprised me because she's never really talked about the Special Ed kids and I had no idea she had a desire to help them out. It melted my heart though for sure. Tanner has always had such a kind and gentle heart. In my opinion she has such an "old soul" so to speak. I'm so thankful that she has the gift of compassion and service to others. :)
Please pray for my Grandpa. He has a rare blood disorder that eventually turns into leukemia. He bleeds at the drop of a hat and can easily bleed out. He's losing a TON of blood and platelets due to this disorder. Three weeks ago he took a series of seven chemo shots as treatment for this. He did ok with the shots (he's 86 by the way!) but hasn't done so great since. They put him in the hospital on Friday night because he started running a fever, which isn't good. They've got him in isolation and are giving him iv antibiotics. Yesterday he also got two pints of blood. Keep in mind he got two pints a week ago as well. He's very down as is my Grandma and the rest of the family. My Grandma isn't in the best of health herself and worrying about Gpa doesn't help her any. So please pray for them. I know they could use it and would be very grateful for any prayers they can get.
I've got to get up and get moving. I'm feeling very sluggish this morning and am having a hard time getting motivated for the day!
Have a great Monday!
1 comment:
I don't want to get old.
Post a Comment