Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Final thoughts of the day

Ok, so I broke down and told my husband tonight about my blog. I wasn't trying to be sneaky or anything like that, I think I was just embarassed and afraid that he'd think I was crazy for having an "on line diary" so to speak. Suprisingly enough, he said it was "cool" and that he was ok with it. In fact, he said he wished we had started it a couple of years ago when we got married!!! He said it'll be neat to look back on someday and see what was going on in our lives at a particular point in time. I feel better now that he knows.

We made it through hump day and I didn't kill anyone at work (or anywhere else for that matter!). That's always a big accomplishment you know-not killing anyone. I'm still hoping that work and all of it's drama will slow down soon and things will be back to "normal." I know, that's hoping for a lot, but hey, a girl can dream!

Tanner and I went to Applebee's tonight and had our "girl's night." She cracks me up because she so wants to be big, but at the same time, just can't quite bring herself to give up ALL kiddie things. The hostess asked her if she wanted a kid menu and she immediately said no, then looked at me like "I shouldn't have said that!" So I said "sure, we'll take one just in case." I then got the "thanks mom" look. She looked through the regular menu for a minute but then put it down and started reading through her kid menu. We had our meal and then, in true "girl's night" fashion, we boxed up our leftovers (we don't have to eat everything on our plates on "girl's night"-we take leftovers to Steve and save room for desert!) and shared our chocolate molten cake. Oh yea! Man, it was good!!! That's my favorite part of "girl's night!" It was fun and I was so thankful that we had a chance to spend some time together just her and I.

Steve is feeling better. He's not 100% yet, but he's at least improving. He called me today at work and said "Guess who just called me?!" The Target pharmacist! How cool is that! That's where I filled his script on Saturday and the little pharmacist guy called to check on Steve and see if he needed anything! We were both amazed. It's nice, espicially when the majority of the time we see the negative in people, to actaully see the positive side of mankind.

My brain feels like mush tonight. They are forcasting ice overnight so that means getting up earlier than usual. Guess I should turn the lights out, snuggle under the covers and close the eyes.

1 comment:

Annette said...

Awww, glad you girls had such a great night together. Those are the moments that will last a lifetime! Good for you! :)