Thursday, February 21, 2008

So would someone PLEASE tell me how I get my sick husband to go to the Dr. and get something to make him feel better?!! I'm telling you, much more of the grouchiness (which I'm sure he doesn't even realize he's being) and I'm going to have to scream or something! Lord have mercy. I just don't get it. And I should probably quit trying. My dad is the same way-would rather suffer (and make mom suffer) then to suck it up and go see a Dr. Men.

It's almost Friday and I'm so thankful. It's been such a stressful, crazy week at work and I'm so ready for it to be over. I'm beginning to kind of stress a little over all that I need to get done before Sunday gets here, but I've got my trusty notebook by my side and am making all kinds of lists-lists for me, lists for Tanner and lists for Steve. (Don't want anyone to feel left out!) I know me. I'll get it all, and then some, done, but it's just the thought of all that's looming over my head.

Steve did go back to work today. Thankfully Tanner nor myself have gotten whatever has had (and still does) him down. If history repeats itself, Tanner will get it long before I do. I'm telling you, these two pass things back and forth to each other so much. I'm hoping that Tanner will avoid getting sick this time. I'm praying that Steve will start feeling "normal" again soon, and not just "better than yesterday."

Tanner and I had so much fun on the way to school this morning. We are big Carrie Underwood fans and Tanner got her newest CD for her birthday. We picked out a song on it last night that was upbeat and lively. It's called "Crazy Dreams" and talks about how "even crazy dreams come true." We have two rituals on the car ride to school. First we pray. Then we find a good, upbeat song, then we turn the radio up LOUD and we sing our hearts out. Shhh...we even dance in the seat sometimes and Tanner has even been known to pick up my water bottle and use it for a microphone! So recently we've decided this "Crazy Dreams" song is our theme song and we should sing it everyday to psych ourselves up for the day. So this morning-we jammed on the way to school. We sang and danced our hearts out and when we were done, we were both cracking up at the other one. By time we got to Mike's and Tanner got out of the truck, we both had a smile on our faces and we were ready for the day. I love days like that.

Tomorrow is Friday. That means two important things-one, it's the end of the week. And two-it's the day of my weekly Starbucks run for some yummy Chai tea! I love Fridays!!!

No comments: