Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Great start to the day

I love when Tanner and I have a good morning. It always makes dropping her off so much easier if I know we had a good morning and she's in a good mood.

Last year, I started having Tanner pick out her clothes for the week on Sunday nights. She hangs them in Chelsey's room and that way, when she gets up in the mornings, she just has to go in, pick out one of her four outfits and put it on. It really does make our mornings so much better. There's the occasional need to switch out one outfit for the other, but most of the time, what she picks out on Sunday, is what she wears during the week. I highly recommend doing this with your kids if mornings are rough at your house.


I have also figured out that if I get up at 5:00 instead of 5:30, that gives me plenty of time to get myself ready before Tanner gets out of bed. This way if she's having a rough morning, I can help her out. I also usually have about 20-30 minutes of quiet time before she gets up as well, which is also helpful. I hate getting out of my warm, snuggly bed at 5:00, but it's so worth it when we have a great morning with no arguing.


This morning, even with me actually cooking breakfast instead of just having cereal or poptarts, we were out the door and in the car at 7:00. We were both in good moods, we didn't fight, and I feel like we're both going to have great days.

1 comment:

Simply Organized said...

I'm going to use the clothes idea at SimplyOrganizedNWA.blogspot.com. Thanks!