Sunday, May 2, 2010

Friday I went in and had an EGD done.  I have no idea what EGD stands for, I just know that's what it's called.  Basically, they put me out, they stuck a tube wtih a camera on the end of it down my throat, then they took pictures and biopsy's.  Fun times.  (Joking!)

Since I couldn't eat or drink anything past midnight Thursday night, Steve and I went to Buffalo Wild Wings after work Thursday.  I had my typical boneless wings, some onion rings and a mango lemonade.  Sometimes eating those things would bother me, sometimes it wouldn't.  Boy howdy did it Thursday night!  Man, I was one miserable person!  The heartburn was almost unbearable.  Yuck!

My procedure was at 2:00 p.m.  Evidently, I still had liquid in my stomach from the night before when they did the test.  This proves Dr Thomas's theory that my stomach is NOT empyting the way it should be, despite what the gastric emptying study said. 

The test also showed that I have lots of little polyps in my stomach.  The picture the Dr gave us is wild.  It looks like I have little aliens in my tummy!  He biopsy'd those along with my esphagus and we'll see what they say when they come back. 

I was completely out of it Friday night and most of yesterday.  I always have a hard time coming out of anesthia.  All I did was sleep Friday night and yesterday I made myself get up and clean the bathrooms and do the laundry just because I needed to move.  It was hard though!

Today I feel relatively normal.  We are staying home from church today and are going to watch it online instead.  I really can't tell you why we're doing that instead of going, it just seemed like the thing to do I guess.  This afternoon I'm going to get out and go to Sam's and do a few errands before the week starts.

On a totally different note....would ya'll please pray for my Tanner?  I don't want to go into specifics on here, as this isn't the place.  But she's having a rough time lately.  It's hard being a teenager in the first place.  Throw in the fact that your parents are divorced and you have to go back and forth between them and man, it's tough.  She's been going to counseling again for a month now and we're making some progress, but we still have a ways to go.  So if you think about it, would you mind lifing her up in your prayers please?

Thanks!  Have a great Sunday!

2 comments:

karasatter said...

i will be praying for your tanner girl..and steve...and your guts!! love you!

Annette said...

Wow, those tests sound crazy! I hope you get some answers so you can feel better! Prayers to you all!