Coconut Cupcakes with Coconut White Chocolate frosting
Cupcakes:
2 1/4 C all purpose flour
2 1/4 C all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 C sweetened coconut
3/4 C unsalted butter, softened
1 1/2 C sugar
3 large eggs
1/2 tsp coconut extract
3/4 C light coconut milk
Heat oven to 350. Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners
Whisk flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer until creamed, about 2 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time until blended. beat in coconut extract.
With mixer on low speed, alternately beat in flour mixture and coconut milk beginning and ending with flour mixture, until just blended.
Spoon about 1/4 C batter into each muffin cup. Bake 20-23 minutes until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Remove cupcakes from pan to wire rack and cool completely.
Frosting:
1 C white chocolate chips
1 C white chocolate chips
1/2 C unsalted butter, softened
1 brick (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
1/2 tsp coconut extract
2 1/2 C confectioners sugar
Melt white baking chips in small glass bowl in microwave as package directs. Beat butter, cream cheese and coconut extract in large bowl with electric mixer until creamed and blended. Beat in melted white chocolate until blended. On low speed, gradually beat in confectioners sugar.
Spread 2 Tbsp frosting onto each cupcake. Sprinkle with remaining toasted coconut.
NOTE:
Believe it or not, my grocery had NO white chocolate chips yesterday when I was there. I know, I was shocked as well. So in place, I just got a tub of reduced sugar cream cheese frosting. To it, I added some coconut milk and some coconut extract. I also added a bit of coconut.
Believe it or not, my grocery had NO white chocolate chips yesterday when I was there. I know, I was shocked as well. So in place, I just got a tub of reduced sugar cream cheese frosting. To it, I added some coconut milk and some coconut extract. I also added a bit of coconut.
The cupcakes were good, but I see where the white chocolate frosting would have been great as well. It would have added another layer of flavor.
Overall, I think this recipe was a success.
Overall, I think this recipe was a success.
No comments:
Post a Comment