Monday, February 22, 2010

We had a great weekend at my house. Yes, yes we did.

Tanner was at her Dad's. It was just Steve and I.

I love my child to death, don't get me wrong. But she needed to go to her Dad's for the weekend. She and I have had a rough couple of weeks-I'm hoping and praying it's just a phase or other wise I'm going to end up in the nut house or something. I needed a break from her and trust me, she needed a break from me as well.

Friday I took Tanner out to Siloam to get her pictures taken. I can't WAIT to see the proofs on Saturday. The guy that took them was amazing and he made me feel so incredibly comfortable. He took them all outside, which I think is even more cool! After pictures, we stopped at Sonic for some Happy Hour fun, then I dropped her off at Mike's.

Steve and I went to what is becoming our favorite Mexican restaurant, La Huearta. It's right up the street, which is great. It's a local place...nothing fancy. Nothing expensive. A great place to chill out, drink a Momma drink, eat some chips and salsa...an almost perfect end to any day or week.

Saturday we had planned on just staying home and doing literally nothing. We had talked earlier in the week and decided that we needed a weekend to just do NOTHING. Well, let me just say-that didn't happen. Saturday afternoon we went to Hobby Lobby (for what seemed like forever!) and then stopped at Lowe's and got some paint ideas for our bedroom and my bathroom. We came home and I was exhausted. All I wanted to do (and did) was crash on the couch. We had leftovers for dinner (thank goodness my husband does not complain about food!) and just laid low.

Sunday we tried another new church (I promise, I'm going to do a blog on this whole changing church thing-I just haven't formulated it in my head enough yet). It was really funny because at 10:30 Saturday night, we were laying in bed trying to decide where we were going to go to church on Sunday. Nothing like the last minute, huh? I'm so proud of us though-especially Steve-because though the easy way would have been to just skip church (especially since it was cold and rainy!), but instead, we went outside our box of comfort and tried something new. Go us! Ha!

After church we went and had lunch at The Marketplace. I had the best salad ever! Chicken berry is what I believe it was called. It was strawberries, romaine lettuce, water chestnuts, cashews and grilled chicken. It had a blueberry poppy seed dressing on it. Yum-O! Holy cow, I was in heaven! I'd eat another one right now if I could!

Sunday afternoon we literally did what we set out to do on Saturday-NOTHING! I layed on the couch-Steve layed in his chair. A perfect rainy, cold Sunday afternoon.

Sunday night we fixed homemade crab rangoon and homemade fried rice. We had planned to do this on Saturday night, but because I was so tired, we didn't. I love cooking with my husband..especially when we're fixing something different like crab rangoon. It was yummy, if I do say so myself.

Here we are now, Monday night and the week is off to a good start (except that Steve is in bed with a back spasm). Tanner is home. We all had dinner together and life at the Parker household seems to be good.

I'm crossing my fingers that the rest of the week follows suit........

No comments: