Thursday, February 18, 2010

I'm listening to the new "We Are The World" song/video and I must say, I really like it! Mom had made the comment this weekend that it seemed slower and more somber than the first version. I almost agree, but at the same time, it was made for those affected by the Haiti earthquake and that was a very somber event. So I'm ok with it being a little more somber.

The song itself gives me chills. I love music as it is, but to have THAT many artists come together and sing in harmony is just amazing to me. I love to see people working together for the good of others. What a great song, in my opinion.

The weather the past two days has been so nice. It's only been like 40 degrees, but the sun has been out and that makes up for the low temp in my book. I needed that sunshine, personally, as I know others did as well.

Yesterday and today, I'm in a Microsoft Windows class for work. I use Word everyday and felt very confident about it, going into class. In fact, truth be known, I didn't really want to go to class but as my Capt. said, it's two days out of the office, so why not. I have to admit, yesterday was a great class and I'm sure today will be as well. I learned a few shortcuts that I didn't know existed and that will make parts of my job easier. I'm going with two other girls from work and it's been fun to hang with them outside of the office.

This morning I'll be late to class because I have a 8:40 appointment with the hand Dr. According to my family Dr, I have "trigger finger." You can read about it here. I fully expect to get a steroid injection in the palm of my hand this morning and let me tell you, I'm not looking forward to it in the least. I hate needles....when they are used on me. Steve isn't going with me because he said if I were to get a shot and cried, he'd cry and he wouldn't be much of a consolation for me. Ha! We'll see. All I know is that I need some relief and need to be able to type and use my right hand again.

We bought Tanner a new bedroom suit! I'm so excited about it and I think she is too. Here is a link to pictures of it (we didn't get the trundle though that goes under the bed that's shown in the picture) We got her a bed, a desk and chair, a nightstand, dresser, media chest and a new box springs and mattress set. I think it's going to look great in her room and it's definitely something that she will grow with and take with her when she moves out. They had to order two pieces so it won't be here until the end of the month, but that's ok.

Ok, I need to get off of here and finish getting ready before Tanner gets up and the morning officially starts. I'll post later what the Ortho Dr said about my finger!

No comments: