I promise, after the first of the year, I will be so much more consistent with my blogging. It's been a hard few months and therefore, blogging has kind of taken a back seat to things. It'll get better though and I'll get back into the swing of things.


The picture above is Tanner's little half brother, Porter. He just turned 2 and I'm telling you, I love that boy! I could just eat him up, he's so stinking cute! He was restless before the concert, but once the music started, that boy "directed" with his two index fingers right along with Mr. Watts, the entire time. It was so funny and so cute! (That's Jill taking video of him in the background)
Enjoy your weekend!
This past week has been one of the busiest we've had in a long time. With Steve still working his special assignment, it's just me and Tanner most of the time. We've had a lot of fun together and have enjoyed our "girls nights" but we're ready for this assignment to be over with-which doesn't look to be happening anytime soon.
Monday and Tuesday night, Tanner had concerts. Monday was band and Tuesday was choir. I'll start with her band concert. I was never in band, but my brothers were. I remember going to concerts and I remember them just wearing nice "church clothes." Not anymore! We had to buy Tanner a band concert uniform which consisted of a certain brand of khaki pants, a band t-shirt, a nylon pullover to go OVER the t-shirt and $28 shiny black "band shoes." Seriously!?
It was a good concert though-they did great and sounded wonderful. Although she doesn't like band this year (boy what a difference one teacher can make!), we are making her finish out the year and aren't letting her "quit" at semester.
Tuesday started out rough. Tanner's been complaining of her knee hurting for off and for quite awhile now. I finally made her an appt to see Dr. Powell around Thanksgiving. We saw him Tuesday morning. Apparently she has "re-aggravated" her knee. He said it's comparable to tendinitis in an adult. Since she's a kid, he doesn't do cortisone shots (which is fine with me, not sure I'd let him if he wanted to), so back to physical therapy we go. She can't dance or run for six weeks, she has to go back to PT for awhile and also has to take 400 mg of ibuprofen three times a day for six weeks, even if she doesn't feel like she needs it. To say she was heartbroken is a huge understatement. We were both crying when we left the office-me because she was so sad about not being able to dance, her because she can't dance. Like I told her though, it could always be worse. This is a minor thing compared to what it could have been. We start back at PT on Monday.
I totally forgot my camera for Tuesday nights choir concert. I know, bad Mom. For choir concerts they have to wear all black-skirts or dresses and flats, no heels. Let me tell you, some of those girls-holy cow-where were their parents when they got dressed!!?? Jill and I couldn't believe what some of those girls were wearing!! They looked like they had just walked in off the local corner and were taking a break from their hoochie jobs! Wow!
Wednesday night was my office Christmas get together. We drew names a couple of months ago and went to Logan's Wednesday for drinks, dinner and our gift exchange. It was so much fun! I got a pair of snowman toe socks, a gift card to Starbucks and the Lady Antebellum CD. Good times for sure. (And again, I forgot my camera!)
Since Steve is off on Wednesday and Thursdays, he and Tanner got to hang out while I went to dinner. I love their relationship and I know they do too. He picked her up from school, they watched Gilmore Girls and I-Carley together and then hung out that night. They are so cute! When I got home, they were sitting together looking through T's Williamsburg pictures. :)
Thursday we had a baby shower for a girl at the office. Her baby was born four months premature and got to come home four weeks ago. He's precious-and doing fabulous, I might add. The shower was a success and Claudia got a lot of nice stuff.
Yesterday, I got to just come home after work and let me tell you, that was a treat!! It was nice to just come home, sit down and relax for awhile. I ended up wrapping lots of gifts and started organizing my to-do list for this weekend. Steve found yesterday that he can take Tuesday, Saturday and Sunday of next week off, so we are heading home for the holidays on Tuesday-a day earlier than planned. I'm not complaining in the least though-I'm so thankful that God answered my prayers about Steve being able to take off work.
Speaking of that to-do list......I have one more post to do and then I need to get off of here and get busy working on that list. I've got lots to do between now and Tuesday!
Enjoy your weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment