BEFORE
DURING
DURING AFTER
To say that we're excited is a huge understatement. I don't know that I've ever seen Tanner smile as much as she has since Tuesday afternoon. To see the end result of all the time, money, energy and hard work we've put into Tanner's mouth, is almost breath taking. In fact, I walked out of Dr Whitlock's office crying Tuesday afternoon-I just couldn't help it. My girl looks absolutely beautiful-and you can tell, she feels so much better about herself. I love it!
I have to brag on her Orthodontist, Dr. Whitlock. I'm not lying when I say that I think he hung the moon and it was worth every penny (close to $12, 000 by time we're done paying off the braces) that we paid. Everything that Dr. Whitlock told us would happen, happened-exactly when he said it would. He was always gentle, sweet and encouraging with Tanner. His office staff rocks-they are just as sweet and encouraging as the Dr. himself. After getting her braces off, some of the staff came out from the back with bongo drums, tambourines, maraca's and whistles, cheering "Tanner got her braces off!" Dr. Whitlock presented Tanner with a certificate of completion, a cup with lots of candy that's been prohibited (i.e. jolly ranchers, tootsie rolls, regular gum, etc) and a gift certificate to a local photographer to have her new smile captured in pictures (a $200 value!)! They then paraded Tanner up to the front where some of them posed in a picture with Tanner.
What an exciting time for Tanner! She kept smiling from ear to ear. I can't tell you the joy my heart felt watching Tanner enjoy this special time.
I have to brag on her Orthodontist, Dr. Whitlock. I'm not lying when I say that I think he hung the moon and it was worth every penny (close to $12, 000 by time we're done paying off the braces) that we paid. Everything that Dr. Whitlock told us would happen, happened-exactly when he said it would. He was always gentle, sweet and encouraging with Tanner. His office staff rocks-they are just as sweet and encouraging as the Dr. himself. After getting her braces off, some of the staff came out from the back with bongo drums, tambourines, maraca's and whistles, cheering "Tanner got her braces off!" Dr. Whitlock presented Tanner with a certificate of completion, a cup with lots of candy that's been prohibited (i.e. jolly ranchers, tootsie rolls, regular gum, etc) and a gift certificate to a local photographer to have her new smile captured in pictures (a $200 value!)! They then paraded Tanner up to the front where some of them posed in a picture with Tanner.
And get this-we got a card from Dr. Whitlocks office in the mail on Thursday. I opened it, and it was a note from Tanner. This is what it said:
(What you can't see, is where she signed it "Love, Tanner Marie Langham." As if we didn't know her name. HA!)
I had noticed when Tanner was in the chair at the Ortho that she was writing something, but I didn't know what. She told me Thursday that Ms. Jennifer (the tech) gave her the note card and asked her to write a thank you note to whoever made it possible for her to have braces. Isn't that a cool thing!?!
So we are now brace-free. She's got her daytime retainers (which are clear, kind of like Invisiline braces) right now and will get her night time retainers in about six weeks. The night time one will be a one piece appliance that will help hold her jaw in the proper place, and her lips together, while she's asleep.
Thank you Dr. Whitlock and staff for making my girl look more beautiful (and more self confident) than ever!!
No comments:
Post a Comment