Thursday, November 26, 2009

This year I'm thankful for................

1. My loving husband who puts up with me when I'm moody, mad, happy, goofy, hyper, sad or whatever other mood I might be in. I'm nowhere near perfect and yet he loves me anyway.

2. Tanner. She's happy, healthy and just an all around good kid. I wouldn't trade her for the world. She makes me laugh. She makes me cry. She makes me want to pull my hair out. But most of all-she makes me proud.

3. Chelsey. She's an extension of Steve and is a lot like her Daddy in a lot of ways. She's 18 and will graduate in May. She's too is a happy and healthy, full of life, young lady.

4. Our friend Jeff who is serving over in Afghanistan right now, along with a host of other Military men and women. Jeff has been there since July and though I've always been thankful and appreciative of our Military personnel, it's never really hit home until now. While Jeff serves, his wife is taking care of their three kids, ages 14, 10 and 5. I am so thankful for the many men and women who leave their families behind and put their lives on the line everyday so my family (and yours) can live free.

5. My parents and my extended family and the examples they have set for us. Both my Mom and my Dad come from large family. Both sets of my Grandparents raised my parents so incredibly well. They have shown us kids, by example, what a happy, true and Godly marriage is. They have shown us that it's more important to give than to receive. They have taught us to stay close and take care of each other. I'm very thankful for the life lessons I've learned from my parents and grandparents.

6. Our church, New Springs Christian Church. We are small. We average about 50 people a week. We are mighty in faith though and when it all comes down to it-that's what really matters. I'm thankful that our family is apart of this mighty church.

7. Our jobs. Steve's job is often stressful and has long hours (especially in situations right now!). He may come home late and leave for work early. My job can be stressful and overwhelming at times as well. BUT....with the state of the economy being what it is-I'm so very thankful that we both have a job to go to. And a good job at that.

8. Our many friends. My family loves to tease me about being on Facebook so much. Sometimes it annoys me, but most of the time it makes me laugh. Why? Because Facebook has been such a good thing in our lives. We've been able to reconnect with friends from high school and college again and it's so fun getting to know them and their families again. Because of going to college, I have friends all over the country. I'm so thankful for each and every one of them. Whether on the phone, in person, through Facebook or an email, each one always brings a smile to my face....even on the worst day.

9. Our good health. Enough said.

10. Most importantly....I'm thankful for a strong and mighty, loving and just, forgiving and merciful God. Without Him, we'd be lost. I'm thankful for God and to God for the blessings in my life.

These are just a few of the things I'm thankful for this year. How about you? What are you thankful for this Thanksgiving?

No comments: