Tuesday, September 29, 2009

This is Steve with his sisters, Mechelle (the youngest, on the left) and Melissa (the oldest, on the right).

The girls, along with Mechelle's boyfriend, Todd, came over Saturday night after we got done working at Dad's. The purpose was to go through some boxes of documents, coins, jewelry, etc. that we've found as we're cleaning stuff out. Plus, we just wanted to get together and relax a little after the past couple of weeks.

We fixed some finger foods and sat those at the table. Steve had gotten some things of Dad's out and placed them on the table as decoration. I wish I had gotten a picture of just the table because it was so neat looking. When the girls walked in and saw it, they just loved it as well.

We didn't end up going through anything of Dad's. We mainly sat around and told stories or looked through old pictures. Man, it was fun! We laughed, the girls cried...it was just good old fashion fun. They didn't leave until almost 11:30 and by that time we were beat!

Sunday, Steve woke up with a cold. He felt like crap. Tanner and I went to church, then came home expecting to eat and go back to Dad's for more cleaning. In the meantime, Steve had talked to the girls and they decided we all needed a day off-praise God! So Sunday afternoon we got to stay home!!

Yesterday was the same way-the girls woke up feeling icky so we didn't go over to Dad's yesterday either. Steve went through some stuff here at our house and I worked all day. I took today off and we are going over to Dad's as soon as I take Tanner to school. Melissa has rented a U-Haul for the big stuff and the plan is to get everything out of the apartment today.

It has been kind of fun........the stuff from Dad's that us kids haven't wanted, we've taken over to the apartment's community center for the other residents to look through. Oh my word, you should see these little old people flock to the tables where we're putting stuff! They LOVE it! It's like Christmas in September for them! It's a hoot to watch and we're just glad that others are able to enjoy the stuff.

I need to get off of here and go get ready to go. I had meant to blog last night and just ran out of time and energy, so I wanted to do this first thing this morning.

Have a great Tuesday!

1 comment:

Annette said...

I'm glad you've all been able to spend some good times together and remember Steve's Dad together. I hope today goes well in packing things up. My parents are working on getting both of my grandmothers' things sorted through as they're moving into smaller areas. It's A LOT of work! Hugs!