I've been a slacker in the blog arena the last few days. We had to send off our computer a week ago this past Friday and we haven't gotten it back yet. Writing a post at work is obviously frowned upon so I've not done a whole lot this week, blog wise. I'm typing this post on my Blackberry and though its a little difficult, its better than nothing.
I had an ok week, I guess. As I've said before, this time of year is hard. I'm trying my best to be positive and cheerful but some days that's hard to do. I've been on the verge of tears everyday and have shed a few here and there. Thursday night though, after my bath and everyone else was in bed, I came into the living room and allowed myself a good, long, hard cry. Ya gotta do that from time to time, you know?
Thursday at work, just before I left, my friend Kevin called me into his office. He took my hand and said "Close your eyes, I'm going to pray for you. Your stressed out and at this point I think you just need some prayer." So he prayed for me right then and there. I've got the best friends, huh?
Matt and his wife were supposed to come down this weekend but had to cancel at the last minute. Though I totally understand (and it couldn't be helped), we were so disappointed. Of course so were Matt and Tammy. Hopefully we'll be able to reschedule soon.
I took Friday off awhile back thinking Matt and Tammy would be here. Even though they didn't come, I still took off. Tanner and I got up first thing and took a 2.5 mile bike ride. It was so fun! We spent the rest of the day just hanging out and having fun together.
Today was actually a great day. We all got up and around and headed down to the Farmer's Market in Fayetteville. Tanner and I were both shocked that Steve agreed to go with us!! :) We got all kinds of stuff-zucchini, tomatoes, jalepenos and some fresh basil. (Yum, I love me some fresh basil!!) We got a bite to eat afterwards then went to Hastings for awhile. Steve told Tanner we were having a "date day" and that he was a lucky guy since he was with two cute girls. ;)
(See one of the many reasons why I love him so much?)
We came home after that, took naps and have just relaxed the rest of the day. Steve grilled us some steaks for dinner and I made some roasted tomatoes and fried zucchini to go with it. It was de-lish, I must say!
If your still reading at this point, you are now officially caught up on the happenings of our lives. Hope everyone has had a great weekend! Hopefully we'll get our computer back soon and I'll be back to posting on a regular basis!
No comments:
Post a Comment