Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Wedding of the Century Part 3

Though we all knew we had to go home on Sunday, it was still a day we all looked forward to. My Unkie, a.k.a "The Food Dude", was fixing us brunch and mimosa's! We were also going to swim some more.

You can't get much better than that!

Brunch was to die for. Oh.My.Word.

We had little toasts with sweet and savory spreads, a big bunch of different fresh fruit, shrimp cocktail, cream puffs with homemade chicken salad, egg casserole in bread boats, skewers of sausage and cheese, olives or pickles and monkey bread. Yum-O!

Man, it was good!!

We stuffed ourselves and swam for awhile. We all hit the road around 1:00 or so and went our separate ways.

I was glad to be back home but sad at the same time. I had been looking forward to Wedding Weekend for so long and it was sad to me that it was over! I love hanging out with my family. I love hearing all the "little kids" squeal, laugh and play with each other! I love that no matter how much time goes by, we can all get together and it's as if we're together all the time.

I know I say it a lot but I'm just so blessed by the family I'm apart of. The older I get the more I realize just how lucky I am to have the family that I do! I think the only thing that could have made the weekend better was if Grandma and Grandpa were able to have been there in person, verses being there in spirit.

My oldest brother Mike sent out an email this morning to everyone saying what a great time they had this past weekend and how Grandma and Grandpa were probably looking down at all of us over the weekend, smiling the whole time. My Uncle Dan responded and said "We are all products of something Mom and Dad started long ago. Dad made it clear that he was proud of all of us. I know he spent the last weekend saying "Look what we started Mom.""

How very very true.

The Wedding of the Century is now part of history and life has resumed it's normal pace. I pray that Dani and Brandon's marriage will be blessed and that they will always find happiness in all that they do.

Good luck Dani and Brandon! We love you!

No comments: