It's been a great weekend.
Friday night after I got home from work, I went for my nightly walk. After getting back, Steve was sitting outside under the tree. I decided to join him and we sat out there just talking until about 8:00. It was great weather and great conversation-what a great way to start the weekend. (Of course I totally forgot that it was Ladies Night at church so I missed that!)
Yesterday I went and ran some much needed errands first thing in the morning. It was the perfect day to get out and about. We are experiencing a cold front here in Arkansas and the weather is just beautiful! I enjoyed the fresh air!
By time I got home, Steve was awake and was already working outside in the yard. I tell you what-my husband has impressed me so much over the past month. Typically, after work in the evenings or the better part of a weekend, he'd just sit and watch tv and rest. Well, the last month or so, he's turned over a new leaf and has been working outside and around the house so much! It's really cute!
I think a lot of Steve's working around the house so much is due to the amount of new energy that he's had. A month ago, he went to the Dr and asked him about several problems he was experiencing-one being restless leg. Remember how in previous posts I've talked about Steve's jerking in his sleep at night? Well, it's restless leg! The Dr gave him some medicine to try and knock on wood, it's worked! Praise God! So instead of waking up all tired and feeling like he's been beaten up, he instead wakes up feeling refreshed and good-and he feels good and rested all day long. Yay!
Anyway, back to our weekend.
While Steve worked outside I worked inside. I cranked up the Itunes and got started. I cleaned bathrooms, did dishes, laundry, made a homemade peach cobbler and changed the sheets on the bed. I was a busy bee!
We grilled a pork tenderloin from Sams for dinner and had a baked potato and some fresh corn on the cob to go with it. We also had some grilled garlic beer bread. Yummy!
Today we got up and went to church. It was nice to be back after missing two weeks in a row. After church we went and grabbed some lunch and then went to Lowe's. After Lowe's we came home and Steve worked outside all afternoon while I napped. I love my Sunday afternoon naps!
While watching the news tonight, I heard that it was National Ice Cream Day. Now you know me and my love of ice cream-I couldn't NOT celebrate National Ice Cream Day! So after Steve got done outside and showered, we went to Coldstone Creamery and got me some ice cream. Oh man was it good!
So I feel like the weekend has been both relaxing and productive all at the same time. I love times like that! The fact that the weather was so stinking nice made it even better.
Hope everyone else had a good weekend as well!
2 comments:
What an amazing weekend! That sounds great!! I so wish I could have a weekend like that soon! Hmmm, not seeing it coming. I've missed you my friend! The wedding weekend sounds amazing too! :)
It was great to see you two on Sunday. So glad Steve is feeling better.
Post a Comment