This is a conversation between Dad and I shortly after we go home:
Dad: I see there's only two of you here.
Me: Yea, Tanner had to go to school today and this is her year that she has to go to Mike's on Easter.
Dad: Then why are you here?
Yea, at what point did I become invisible to this family! I mean seriously people! My brother asked earlier in the week what time we were leaving and what time we'd be here on Friday. I told him and then asked if he was planning some brother/sister bonding times.
His reply: "Um, no. Brother/Brother-in-law time."
Mom told me earlier in the week that since we were coming home, she was going to fix beans and cornbread for Steve one night for dinner. She said he talks about having them....and that since she is the only one here that likes them, she'd fix some and they could share. Um, hello? What about me and my food preferences? Yea, guess they don't count so much.
I asked her what Dad and I were going to eat while they ate their beans and cornbread and she said "Well, I told your Dad there's a frozen pizza in the freezer." Guess we know where we stand, huh?
When I went to the grocery yesterday though, I picked up some fettuccine and some alfredo mix and while Mom and Steve ate their special beans and cornbread, Dad and I feasted on our fettuccine alfredo and garlic bread. Good stuff!
Now that we're all fat and happy, it's time to get off of here, take my bath and call it a night. Tomorrow will be a long day with church and then Easter brunch.
Toodles!
1 comment:
I'm sure you're still glad to be home...even though you seem to be forgotten about! ;o)
I have a very yummy Alfredo recipe that is very easy...probably not as easy as a mix, but still easy.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Love ya!
Post a Comment