Saturday, April 4, 2009

Busy Day

Today was a very busy day. I totally didn't mean for it to, but somehow...it did.

Tanner is at her Dad's this weekend, so I let Steve sleep in this morning and I got up and around and headed out for some errands.

I went up to the new Target in Rogers (I just love Target!) and picked up a few Easter things along with a few necessities. I think I spent a good hour in there, just taking my time and looking around.....all the while drinking my Chai Latte from Starbucks! YUMMY!

After Target I went over to the Promenade and went to Penny's. I'm telling you, I did some serious shopping in there! They were having good sales plus I had a good coupon, so I went to work searching for bargains.

Get this-hell must have been freezing or something because I bought two things that I NEVER buy myself-a SWIMSUIT (a tankini at that!) and a DRESS! I tried both on thinking "If this fits, I'm so buying it." And they both did. I think my hubby about had a heart attack when I told him!

With the "Wedding of the Century" coming up in July, I needed both. We are having a brunch/swimming party at my Aunt and Uncle's the day after the wedding, so I needed a swimsuit for that. Then the bride, Dani, is having a Bridal Luncheon (I think that's what it's called) on the Friday before the wedding. Plus with Easter coming up................so the dress will serve several purposes (and I can wear it to work too!) which makes buying it even sweeter in my opinion! I'll have to find pictures of them both and post them.

Let's see, after Pennys, I went to Justice and got Emma her birthday gift card and a pair of pj's for Tanner's Easter basket. I don't do a candy filled Easter basket. My kid's got enough wrong with her teeth, I don't need to promote more problems by giving her a bunch of candy. So she gets a chocolate bunny, some Pez, and then some PJ's or socks or something along those lines that she can actually use.

After Justice, I ran into Best Buy and got Steve's Dad a pay as you go cell phone. He is having some health problems and really needed a way to get in touch with us if he was out and about. Steve was just going to let him borrow his cell phone, but after talking about it, we decided to just get him a pay as you go one. Dad is very Internet savvy and will have no problem adding minutes when he needs them.

I came home, unloaded and got Steve. We went over to his Dad's to get the cell phone set up and explain things to him. His Dad is a hoot-he loves to talk and let me tell you....two and a half hours later when we walked out of there-we were exhausted! His Dad tends to sit on the Internet all day, forwarding emails and shopping for a good deal. He's always been a business man and he's always been one to not be able to pass up a good deal, no matter what it is. So every time we go over there, we walk out with a box full of mostly junk. We just smile, thank Dad, and go one. It's kind of funny.

Since it was 6:30 when we left, we went and grabbed a bite to eat. There was no way I was going to cook after the day I'd had!

We came home and I threw in a few loads of laundry while finishing up the cake balls that I started Friday night. Lordy, those little things are so addicting! Even though I was full from dinner, I still had to try one and my gracious-they are so stinking good! I think I'll make some more for Easter at Mom's.

So here I am now.....................I'm in bed and going to shut this thing off and get some sleep.

See ya tomorrow!

1 comment:

Holly said...

Did you layer your clothes in the washer? I can almost always find a great deal at Penney's I LOVE it. The one over here has a decent petite section, not just old lady clothes. Where did you get a coupon? I hear about people having great Penney's coupons all the time but I never get them. I am jealous.