Yep, you read that right-3:30 a.m wake up time. That, my friends, is the time my little eyes popped open, wide awake. I hate when this happens!! I tried to go back to sleep-I laid there and snuggled under my covers, covered up my face (which I really hate doing, but I was desperate!), turned my clock around backwards so I couldn't see the time....yea, none of these things worked. I finally got up at 4:00 thinking I could at least get in some good alone/quiet time this morning. It's now 6:05 and here I sit........................
We left Mom and Dad's yesterday around 9:30 or so. Can I just say that I hate goodbyes!? Especially goodbyes involving my family! We-all of us-cry EVERY time (we are Goldens, remember-that means we cry A LOT). Ugh! Nonetheless though, we do it and go on.
On the way back we stopped in Joplin to pick up Tanner's candle lighter dress for "The Wedding of the Century." Oh my word, the dress is absolutely beautiful! The color is awesome and I can NOT wait to see all the girls together. Talking about "Wedding Weekend" seriously makes me giddy-it's going to be such a great weekend. Lots of family time. Lots of Goldens. Lots of tears. Lots of fun. Lots of memories. Yep, it's gonna be an awesome time!
When we got to my Aunt's shop where she works, she and I hugged for the longest time. She told Steve "it's so good to hug someone who is family!" Awww!! And then her boss came out and asked which one I was and made the comment that I look a lot like Dani (the Bride to be). Janece laughed and said "Yep, she does....and looks just like her Dad and my little brother too!" Aww again! Melted my heart! I love when people think I look like a Golden!
Janece recommended that we eat at hamburger place called Freddy's Steak burgers and Frozen Custard. Let me just say that we now have a favorite restaurant for burgers and will definitely be stopping in Joplin to eat more often! Holy cow it was awesome! It's kind of like Steak-N-Shake only MUCH better. Yummy, yummy!
We picked Tanner up from school on the way into town. It was an hour before school got out, but I didn't think it was a big deal. They are testing this week in the mornings and not doing much at all in the afternoons, so we decided to pull her out early. Tanner had called me when we were in Bella Vista (about 30 minutes away) and asked if I could bring her some new shoes. Evidently the flip flops she wore (why in the world the child wore flip flops in 40 degree weather is beyond me, but oh well...) broke. Of course I couldn't do anything about it....but this did figure into us checking her out early. I had told her to go back to class that she didn't have much longer in the day, she said "ok" and all was well. When she walked around the corner and saw me standing there to check her out, the first thing she said was "My Mom ROCKS!" Priceless.
We got home, got unpacked, started the laundry, changed sheets, cleaned bathrooms and ate dinner. We also got Tanner's clothes picked out for the week, lunches started and the week ahead planned out. It was a busy, yet productive afternoon/evening!
Which brings me today..........................................
Tanner and I both have dentist appts today at 2:00. We'll then stop and try to find her some cleats for softball. Hopefully we'll have time to come home and grab a bite for dinner and then we have softball practice from 6:30 until 7:30 or so. It's gonna be a long day, I'm afraid!
I'll post a few Easter pictures soon................
Happy Tuesday!
No comments:
Post a Comment