Tanner is with my parents (mainly my Dad since Mom's Spring Break was last week) this week.
Some of my most favorite childhood memories are the times that I spent with my Grandparents. I was lucky enough to have both my Moms and my Dad's parents around while growing up. I was close to each set and LOVED spending time with them. It didn't matter if we were going shopping, having a sleepover, going to garage sales, or just hanging out at the house; I loved spending time with my Grandparents.
They were true blessings in my life.
I remember when I had Tanner, I prayed and prayed that she would have the same kind of relationship with my parents, as I did with my Grandparents. I wasn't sure if that would happen or not since we moved to Arkansas when Tanner was a year and a half old. Let me just say though, she has JUST AS STRONG of a relationship with my parents, as I did with my own Grandparents.
My parents do a fabulous job of keeping in touch with Tanner, whether it's a note in the mail, a phone call or an email. Plus, we've always made a point of seeing Mom and Dad once a month, either by them coming down here or us going up there. When something happens, good or bad, in Tanner's life, the first thing she asks is "Can I call Grandma?" When she's sick, Grandma is usually the first one she wants to talk to. Grandmas and Grandpas just have a way of making things better.
When we first started talking about Spring Break, I asked Tanner if there was something that she wanted to do. Her answer? "Go to Grandma and Grandpa's house." I told her Grandma had a different Spring Break than she did and she didn't care. She said she could spend the day with Grandpa; she just wanted to go to KC.
Friday during her English class, they had to write two paragraphs of where they like to go to relax. Where does Tanner like to go to relax? Kansas City to "Grandma's house!" She wrote a paper at the beginning of the year about my Mom being her hero. Pretty cool, huh?
Dad was afraid she'd get bored with being there for a whole week. Tanner's response? "There's always Uno!" (Dad and Tanner always play games together) She took her ball glove and her softball and I'm sure they'll get out and throw the ball around some. They went to The Legends (outdoor shopping mall) yesterday and to Books-A-Million. Today they are baking chocolate chip cookies for Mom.
It melts my heart to think about the valuable time Tanner is getting to spend with my parents this week. I think it's awesome that she and Dad are baking cookies and hanging out together. Dad has seemed kind of down the last couple of weeks and I can't help but think that having Tanner around will maybe help that a little.
I'm so thankful for my parents and the role they play in my child's life. I'm so thankful for the effort that they make to be apart of Tanner's life. I know these are the moments that Tanner will remember and cherish the rest of her life.
Thanks Mom and Dad!
Some of my most favorite childhood memories are the times that I spent with my Grandparents. I was lucky enough to have both my Moms and my Dad's parents around while growing up. I was close to each set and LOVED spending time with them. It didn't matter if we were going shopping, having a sleepover, going to garage sales, or just hanging out at the house; I loved spending time with my Grandparents.
They were true blessings in my life.
I remember when I had Tanner, I prayed and prayed that she would have the same kind of relationship with my parents, as I did with my Grandparents. I wasn't sure if that would happen or not since we moved to Arkansas when Tanner was a year and a half old. Let me just say though, she has JUST AS STRONG of a relationship with my parents, as I did with my own Grandparents.
My parents do a fabulous job of keeping in touch with Tanner, whether it's a note in the mail, a phone call or an email. Plus, we've always made a point of seeing Mom and Dad once a month, either by them coming down here or us going up there. When something happens, good or bad, in Tanner's life, the first thing she asks is "Can I call Grandma?" When she's sick, Grandma is usually the first one she wants to talk to. Grandmas and Grandpas just have a way of making things better.
When we first started talking about Spring Break, I asked Tanner if there was something that she wanted to do. Her answer? "Go to Grandma and Grandpa's house." I told her Grandma had a different Spring Break than she did and she didn't care. She said she could spend the day with Grandpa; she just wanted to go to KC.
Friday during her English class, they had to write two paragraphs of where they like to go to relax. Where does Tanner like to go to relax? Kansas City to "Grandma's house!" She wrote a paper at the beginning of the year about my Mom being her hero. Pretty cool, huh?
Dad was afraid she'd get bored with being there for a whole week. Tanner's response? "There's always Uno!" (Dad and Tanner always play games together) She took her ball glove and her softball and I'm sure they'll get out and throw the ball around some. They went to The Legends (outdoor shopping mall) yesterday and to Books-A-Million. Today they are baking chocolate chip cookies for Mom.
It melts my heart to think about the valuable time Tanner is getting to spend with my parents this week. I think it's awesome that she and Dad are baking cookies and hanging out together. Dad has seemed kind of down the last couple of weeks and I can't help but think that having Tanner around will maybe help that a little.
I'm so thankful for my parents and the role they play in my child's life. I'm so thankful for the effort that they make to be apart of Tanner's life. I know these are the moments that Tanner will remember and cherish the rest of her life.
Thanks Mom and Dad!
1 comment:
Awww, that is so sweet. I about teared up, but I'm subbing, so I couldn't! That's awesome she is having such a great time there and has such a great relationship with them. I hope the snow we had here this morning doesn't ruin their ball playing plans! :)
Post a Comment