Saturday, March 21, 2009

Lazy Saturday Morning

I'm sitting here on my toosh on the computer, drinking some Chai tea and enjoying a rainy Saturday morning.

I really need to get off my tooshie, finish my Chai tea and get busy getting ready for Mike and Jenny and the girls to get here!

I still don't have my voice all the way back but it is getting better (did you know I woke up without a voice Thursday morning?). My chest isn't as heavy today either as it was yesterday. I'm still telling myself that it's simply allergies and nothing more. I hope I'm right!

The week ended up being a pretty good one. Work was work-nothing too bad, nothing too great. A little drama as usual, but hey, it wouldn't be SPD if there were no drama!

Tanner is officially on Spring Break. Yay for her! She is going home with Mike and Jenny tomorrow and then will spend the week at my parent's house. Since Mom has to work, she and Dad will hang out together during the day. She's really looking forward to it and is constantly saying "I can't wait be at Grandma and Grandpa's!" Dad is a little worried, I think, about her getting bored, since, as he says "we can't really afford to do much," but I told him, she will be just fine. She's taking a couple of books with her, she's taking her softball stuff so they can practice and play together and as she says "There's always an Uno tournament!" We are also going to send some money with her so they can go shop and get lunch one day. They'll have a blast, I know.

Thursday Tanner had to try out in order to maybe go to a district wide solo contest with her flute. Well, she made it! YAY!! She was so excited and of course we were very proud. She had to play the piece she was going to play for the teacher and then the teacher had to pass or fail her. I'm amazed, that even though she grumbles sometimes about her practicing, all in all, Tanner does very well on her flute. I'm glad that she's going to continue to play next year. Hopefully this will be her "niche" in school. We'll see. Nonetheless, we're excited that she gets to go to contest.

Ok, for real this time.....I have to get off of here and get BUSY! Time to wake the hubby and get us all motivated for the day. Steve's a hoot-he's got several things for the boys (he and Mike) to do while they are here. I swear, they are worse than two girls!

I'm off to put new sheets on the bed and jump in the shower............................................

Toodles!

2 comments:

Holly said...

congrats to tanner! that is awesome for her! also, there's nothing like mucinex for congestion if you haven't tried it already!

Tiffany said...

congratulation Tanner!