Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Emotional Day

I feel very emotional this morning for some reason. Not sure what my deal is.

Tanner and I were in her room getting ready for school and work. We were talking about Easter and how Steve and I are going home for the weekend and she's going to her Dad's. She was talking about how though it made her sad that she won't be going home with us, it was ok too because she had just spent a week with Grandma and Grandpa.

All of a sudden I started tearing up and crying. I miss my Grandparents so much-both sets of them. I told Tanner that she's so lucky and so blessed to have my parents and to be so close to them even though we are four hours away from each other. I was so blessed to have such wonderful Grandparents. I have so many wonderful memories of time spent with them and I cherish those memories more than I could ever put into words. There have been so many times lately that I think about calling my Grandma or my Grandpa about something and then it hits me that I can no longer call them. When I got my new phone a couple of weeks ago, I went to transfer my address book and there was Grandma and Grandpa's number...with a picture of them to go with it. Lordy did I cry then! I know they are in a better place and I know they are watching over our family each and every day. I know they are holding hands and hanging out with the Big Man. And honestly, I'm happy that they are-that is what they lived for! But the selfish side of me wants them back here with us.

My Mom's parents, Grandma and Grandpa Molder, died several years ago, but I miss them just as much. I really got to thinking about them a few weeks ago when we went to Conway for the weekend. We drove by the Altus, Arkansas exit, which is where my Mom's little brother lives. Then while in Conway, my friend Diana and I talked and talked about my Grandma Molder. I have lots of memories of Mom and Grandma making homemade apple pies and apple dumplings, applesauce and anything else they could come up with! They also did a lot of canning of vegetables and fruit and I remember hanging out at Grandma and Grandpa's house all day while she and my Mom worked. And I remember my Grandpa eating fresh canned peaches for a bedtime snack. Diana is a big canning person and she's going to teach me a few tricks this summer and hopefully maybe someday, I can be more like my Grandma in that respect. She and Grandpa Molder were a pair, I tell you. My Grandpa in his bib overalls and my Grandma in her house coat....................and I know they too are holding hands and hanging out with the Big Man. Heck, knowing them, they are hanging out with Grandma and Grandpa Golden as well! Again though, the selfish side of me really wishes they were still here.

So I was already emotional as it was when we got in the car this morning. We ran through Chick-Fil-A for breakfast and I thought that might help. Yea, not so much. On the Christian radio station I listen to, they were having "Praise and Prayer Day" and people were calling in and taking a letter of the alphabet that represented what they were praising Jesus (or needing prayer) for. In between praises and prayers, they were playing some AWESOME songs. Yea, I cried then too.

I have so much to be thankful for and am truly blessed in so many different ways and by so many different people. That, combined with hearing people on the air talking and hearing awesome, uplifting songs, was just too much this morning.

I sat in my truck at work, had myself a good cry, said a quick prayer of thanks and then headed into work to redo my makeup.

I have a feeling it's just gonna be one of those emotional days.

(I didn't proof read this or anything else so if it's kind of rambly, I apologize-I just typed out what was in my head and heart and then hit publish. Sorry!)

No comments: