Thursday, February 19, 2009

I'm not sure what the deal is, but for the past two or so weeks, I have had a headache everyday. We aren't talking about your run of the mill headache here either. My migraines have always been behind my right eye. It's always felt as if my eyeball was going to pop out of my head at any moment. Sometimes I throw up, sometimes I don't. The headaches the last few weeks though have been behind my right eye as well, just not as intense (most of the time) as my regular "monthly migraines." There were a couple of times today and yesterday when I felt like my vision was blurred or doubled in my right eye. Probably just the intensity of the headache, but weird nonetheless. I'm not sure what to think....except that this SUCKS!

I'm trying really hard not to take anything medication wise, unless absolutely necessary. I just hate the idea of taking more medicine-and my migraine medicine isn't the best thing to take while working. Sometimes though, I give in and have to take something. Otherwise, it's unbearable and that's not good either.

I've also gained about 6 pounds over the last two or three weeks. I know to some people, this isn't a lot, but for me it is. I don't feel like I've changed my eating habits or anything like that. I don't know if this is something that's related to the headaches or something all together different.

I had to go to the Rheumatologist today for a check up on my fibromyalgia. The Dr. gave me this huge long explanation about how my medicine makes me gain weight by increasing the urge to eat and by slowing down my metabolism. Maybe he's right, but it didn't make me feel better. The jerk. (Ok, maybe that's a little harsh)

I don't know what to think. What do you think? Any ideas? I'm still trying to blame it on my hormones. My gyno apt is March 2, which can't come soon enough. He'll check my hormone levels, my thyroid (which was borderline low last time we checked) and my blood sugar. I'm anxious to see how those tests come out. Maybe it'll give us some answers. In the meantime, I'm keeping track of when I have my headaches, what medicine I'm taking for them, and am just trying to keep plugging away.

What other choice do I have?

3 comments:

JulieAnn said...

Stress???

Holly said...

Since you're already keeping a pain journal, I think you should keep a food journal along with it. Certain foods can cause major headaches too. When I was trying to figure out my issues before being diagnosed with endo, my journal consisted of documenting pain, food, poop, sex, and my period! I wrote it all there together and it was the most helpful thing EVER. So, it's good you are writing down when you are having the pain, but I'd go a step further. I am sorry. I hate pain, and head pain is just terrible. I hope your eye doesn't burst out of the socket!

Holly said...

Oh and I totally and honestly think you need to pick up yoga. You need a good stress reliever and Shelly I just don't think there's anything better than some good yoga. There are all kinds of yoga for beginners DVDs out there. You can do it in your room or in your living room.