Since Tanner and I didn't get to go to the movies last Monday like we planned, we decided we'd go this weekend instead. Yesterday as work was finishing up, I decided we could be Superwomen, get our errands done on a Friday evening after work and then still make it to a 6:50 movie. It was going to be close, time wise (or so I thought) and Tanner wasn't sure we'd make it, but I full and complete confidence.
We left work at 5:00 and ran to Sam's. I gassed up the truck then we made a quick run through of the store and got what we needed (minus the steaks-they just didn't look great this time, darn it!). I don't think I've ever been in Sam's for such a short amount of time! I love that place, but I was on a mission and didn't have time to really dilly dally around like I normally do. Since Steve and I had met for a late lunch, I wasn't hungry, but Tanner was. I got her a hot dog and she ate it as we loaded up and headed to Target.
We did dilly dally in Target a bit. My other favorite store. What is it that makes Target so lovable!? I really don't know, but man, I love that place!!! I prefer Target to Walmart any time, any day! We got what we needed, along with some candy for the movie. We decided to smuggle candy in since it's so expensive at the theater. We're such rebels, huh!?
We made it to the theater with 20 minutes to spare. We got our waters and headed to find a seat. The theater was about half full. What surprised me though was the number of not only teenagers and people my age there, but the number of people in their 60's and up that were there as well! There were two couples that sat next to us who were easily in their upper 60's and were on a double date together. It was so cute because the couple directly next to us held hands the whole movie! And the guy (who was right next to me) was wiping his eyes just like the rest of us! Too sweet.
Something else happened last night that I thought was too sweet. As we were walking into Sam's, Tanner reached out and took my hand. My 13 year old, teenage daughter, wanted to hold hands with her Momma in public! I loved it and it just melted my heart. I know the days of that kind of stuff happening are slipping away quickly, so I cherish the little moments like that. Made my day.
This morning I ran to Walmart early and stopped and picked up some donuts for breakfast. We gobbled those up, Tanner worked on homework and I read a little bit of my book. Tanner, Steve and I all have been in her room for the past hour or so really cleaning it out and going through stuff. Man, the child's room looks so much better! We put on some Kelli Pickler and Jonas Brothers and rocked out while we cleaned-that seems to motivate Tanner to keep moving, although we had to stop and dance a couple of times. Steve hung a few posters up for Tanner of the Jonas Brothers and some other teeny bopper star. He made the comment "Boy, it makes her room look like a real teenagers!" So true. And so sad. Our girl is definitely growing up.
I'm off to work in Chelsey's room now. A lot of my stuff is in there that I need to go through, plus her room seems to be the catch all/storage room and it just needs a good cleaning.
Hope you have a great Saturday!
No comments:
Post a Comment