Tanner spends Thursday nights at her Dad's house. She goes over after school, spends the night and then goes to school on Friday mornings. I typically talk to her on Thursday nights and then she'll call me on Friday mornings before she goes to school.
This morning when she called she sounded a little off. I asked her what was wrong and she said she was tired. She said Rachel (her five year old half sister) had woke her up several times last night because she didn't feel good and thought she was going to throw up. Rachel and Tanner share a room and I guess when Rachel wakes up in the middle of the night, she likes to wake Tanner up as well. :) The first time, Tanner went and got Jill. The second time, Tanner was going to take Rachel into Mike and Jill's room, but Rachel had to take a detour to the bathroom instead. The third time-well bless her heart, Rachel didn't even make it out of her bed.
Tanner said "I felt so bad for her Mom. I cried a little bit for her because, I mean, I know how she feels and I wanted to be asleep so bad but I was so sad for Rachel that she was throwing up."
My heart just melted. I love that my girl is so tender hearted, especially when it comes to her family and those that she loves. I hope and pray that she is always this way and that her compassion for others never changes.
No comments:
Post a Comment