What a whirlwind the last week has been. Talk about wild emotions! Holy cow!! Monday and Tuesday, I was ready to give up and run away. I don't really know what the deal is. I can't decide if it's hormones and my mood is more of a PMS thing or if the one ovary I still have is shutting down faster than we thought….I don't know. Maybe it's the last four or five months catching up to me? I don't know. I hate being this way though and am hoping that once I start my vacation, things will look up.
I think one of the biggest things that stresses me out is work. I love my job. I love what I do and most of the time, I love who I work with. But then again, there are times where it really drives me nuts. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that when I started working in the position where I'm at now, I had the best boss ever. Along with Kevin (my boss) I also had a great partner, Greg. We were a true team-we worked great together and if there was a problem, we'd talk it out. Kevin got promoted and went back to the streets two years ago. Greg went back to the street in June of this year. The jerks (only kidding)!
Things are way different now. I like my chain of command now, but it's not the same as when Kevin and Greg were here. Communication stinks within our division and that's putting it mildly. I love my new partner, Jeff and I appreciate what he's done and how he helps out with the workload. It's just not the same though. There's not the same feeling of teamwork like there was before. Its ok-it's just different and I'm not much on change. There are times where it bothers me more than others and I guess this week was just one of those weeks.
My mom sent out an email to our family late last week about Christmas dinner, asking everyone what they were going to bring. Mom cooks the turkey and dressing and we bring the rest. Long story short, I think everyone in our family is edgy and weird right now. I think feelings get hurt a lot easier right now than normal (mine included). I think people tend to speak out, not knowing the whole situation and then that causes more hurt feelings. I never want to upset someone and when I do, it's not intentional. And when I realize something I've said or done has upset someone, I apologize profusely for it. If that apology isn't acknowledged, that stresses me out even more.
I guess the big overall theme this week is letting go. I need to learn to let things go and not take things too personal, whether it's at work, with the family or with friends. I need to just let it go and not worry about it. Easier said then done though. How do you get there? How do you get to that place in life? Is it an age thing? Do you reach an age in life where you just don't care anymore? If so, what age is that, would someone please tell me!?
I've prayed a lot this week. I guess that's a good thing, huh?
Tanner is getting braces put on at 1:25 this afternoon. We went to Dr. Whitlock on Tuesday morning and he said her mouth is ready. He took out the pallet expander but left the screws in her upper jaw. He'll put the braces on today and then will attach the screws to the braces in hopes that the screws will stay in as long as possible. When he took the pallet expander out, oh my word, it was so neat to see. For the first time ever, Tanner didn't look like she had a huge overbite or was horribly buck toothed. Her top and bottom teeth hit and she was able to close her mouth. She was so excited and has a great attitude about her braces. I brought the camera and will post pictures later tonight.
I did receive a HUGE blessing last night, as you may have seen in the previous post. I entered a contest to win a spa package through another blog I read. Well, I won. You can not imagine how excited I am. I can't wait to come back after Christmas and have a couple hours of pampering. Man, it's gonna be great.
Matt had his surgery yesterday and did great. It wasn't nearly as involved as they thought it was going to be and so therefore, the pain isn't as great and the recovery isn't as long. I talked to Matt this morning and he sounded so good and said he was feeling "fine." What a huge PRAISE GOD that is!
So there's my week in a big nutshell. Steve's been stressed with his job as well and Tanner has had finals all week-you can imagine what our house has been like in the evenings with all of us on edge and grouchy! J Praise God finals are over, I've only got about five more hours until vacation starts and that Steve only has one more day until vacation starts.
I really think as soon as we get out of here, we'll all relax and enjoy our Christmas vacation together. That's what I'm hoping for at least.
3 comments:
Oh man. The blahs are certainly spreading like virus among everyone I know. I am sorry for the yuck but am thrilled to hear about Matt and your spa package! I am glad Tanner is ready for braces and the previous stuff is now behind you!
Wahooo!
When did I learn to let go? Well, I never had completely, but I'd have to say I got better a few years back when the doctor gave me my best friend called Lexapro. It truly balances me out and makes me a more level headed person. With all that has happened in your life the last 6-7 months or so, I wouldn't doubt that the stress has gotten to you and my friend could be of help to you too!! ;) I'm so glad you have been praying a lot, we all know that helps too! Woo-hoo for the spa package win! That'll be great for you! Have a great vacay and email or call anytime you need me. You know I'll be here. Love ya lots!
its crazy how much we are alike! my blog is about letting go of things too! keep your head up, its just the stress of everything happening at the end of a year!
Post a Comment